Ford Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ATTENTION EVERYONE AT FORDFORUMS AND TEMPO/TOPAZ HIGH PERFORMANCE!!!!!

OK, get this. i was driving to work, where i pass a detail shop everyday. im sitting at the stoplight right infront of it and i notice a bright red tempo with like graphics on the side. it looked pretty sharp so i pulled into the lot to check it out. while sitting there lookin at it, i noticed the badges on the back. Tempo GT. The graphics also said GT. the shop was closed so i couldnt ask anyone if they knew anythign about it. i went the next day during store hours to get some info, and to my surprise, the car is gone. the people inside didnt know anymore than the detailed it. then, a few days later, i saw another one in a lot somewhere. have you guys been holding back, or are you unaware of these cars? i want some answers!!!!!!

·
Topaz Member
100 Posts
GT?

No Tempo GT ever came from the factory. More than likely it is one of two things.

#1) It is a dealer appearance package. A graphics and badge package that a particular dealership put on a car to make it look different than the 20 other Tempos on the lot, to make it sell quicker (at a higher price).

#2) The owner of the car had the graphics made and cobbled together some badges to make the GT. Probably very similar to my Spaz GT badge I had on my car before I painted it. I took my TOPAZ GS badges off, removed the TO from Topaz, replaced it with the S from GS and put the T and the G together. I also painted mine to match the body, as well as the Mercury badge on the right side of the trunk. Attatched is a pic of it.

If you can, get a picture of it. I'd like to see it.

Attachments

·
Tempo Member
15 Posts
The "E"

Does anyone have the "E" in TEMPO, like the silver one on the back of the car, does anyone have that who would be willing to sell it? Has anyone taken off the back lettering? I want the "E" badly!!! :)

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
s lil update on this post. i actually got behind the person that owned this mysterious tempo. its actually some chick thats in her yound 20s, but i asked to take a look at the car, and after she gave me this look, like what the [email protected]#$, are you serious, she said i could. actually, the badging is not tempo gt like i originally thought. the badging is tempo gl, but next to the ford symbol on the otherside of the trunk lid, was a graphic of gt, and the graphics on the side were gt. but the car happened to be a gl 2 dr with an aftermarket spoiler added, and some graphics. so you guys were right. good work! it stil lwas really nice though!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts