Ford Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Topaz GS Member
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm lookin for a clean Tempo/Topaz 2 door auto, preferably in the Vancouver area. Will drive a couple hours to check it out. Email me or phone @ (604)430-9508

-Justin

·
Topaz XR5 Member
9 Posts
re: tempo wanted

just curious homey, why would you want an auto? i know they aren't really that good for much...only three gears and hard on gas on the highway because of only three gears....plus I went through three of them when I had my gold 86 four door!!......I didn't find them to reliable :)

·
Topaz GS Member
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Why?!!

It's not for me actually. I agree with you there, personally I don't think I'll ever own an automatic anything, no matter how old I am or how many kids I've got! Anywho, it's for my girlfriend. She wants to sell her '90 Celebrity that her dad gave her and buy a car like mine, only an auto. By the way, I've heard that the '92+ auto cars have a more reliable tranny than the earlier ones. I know that if she goes with an earlier auto, I'm gonna have to scrutinize the transmission like a bastard, but oh well. She'll probly only own it for a few years anyways. And if the tranny dies, I'll score a used one.. what can you do right? Oh and by the way, a 5 spd. is out of the picture. Believe me, I've tried ;-)

·
Topaz XR5 Member
9 Posts

I see what you mean man...my ex could never have driven a 5 speed....my wife on the other hand drives one better than me! well she thinks so.... he he well good luck on your find, I think my 86 went through so many because of the neutral drops....oops...oh well man....you should throw her in a 5 speed and just put her in an empty parking lot and let her go....she will learn.... later man :) good luck...hey do you go on ICQ at all? never see you on....chow!

·
Tempo Member
15 Posts
Hehe. Im shipping one out to Delta tommarow. 2 Door, white, auto............

to bad its not for sale ;(

1 - 5 of 5 Posts