Ford Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Resident geek freak
935 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will make a prediction right now
Territory will get Wheels COTY next year..no worries

Doeas anyone know which cars are in the running for this years Coty?

·
Patriotic Aussie car fan
313 Posts
Yeah my best guess would be Liberty for 2003, and Territory for 2004. Lucky the Liberty came out this year, it has a history of "stealing" the Wheels COTY from Fords (EF in 94 and AU in 98).

·
Mmmm, forbidden donut
365 Posts
Mazda RX-8 should be a strong contender this year too..

·
Resident geek freak
935 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yep Liberty this year is my guess and "Terrier" next year

·
Ford Europe Wannabe
754 Posts
Liberty is going to earn big big points for its substantial weight reduction and massive fuel economy savings, as well as big improvments in space and interior packaging and presentation. Seems a worthy winner

·
CEO - The BSR Group
4,400 Posts
Could be Liberty, could be Accord Euro, could be Fiesta! I'd wager it will be one of the newer 2004 models rather than ones that have been released already...

Having said that, the Liberty is a superb vehicle, and the philosophy of reducing weight, increasing size, AND increasing power really gets my vote. I wish *certain other* manufacturers would take notice of this model and the achievement in design it represents.

·
pR()rN_*
1,966 Posts
I don't think the Territory will be able to win it.
Will it be out long enough to be eligable?

·
Registered
61 Posts
carazy said:
I don't think the Territory will be able to win it.
Will it be out long enough to be eligable?
Well, Wheels has changed their criteria this year, the judges get to short-list the cars that they think are worthy for entry into COTY. So Territory has to impress from day one to be in the running (no sweat, I imagine). But the June release date won't pose any problems for eligibility.

·
falcon amazing
211 Posts
Hmm,

Hopefully the interior quality is better in the territory than some of the ba's out there,
I reckon the liberty (as said by so many) has definetly got a great chance and the new maxima will surely be a quite acheiver...will be very interesting to see how it pans out

1 - 12 of 12 Posts