Ford Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A lot of criticism of the Adventra that I've seen so far (apart from its Commodore origins, of course) has been its fuel use and short touring range. If you believe the ads, it's the ultimate vehicle for touring around this country - provided there's a petrol station every 500km.

Unfortunately I can't see the Territory being much different. The Barra I6 isn't great on fuel to start with, let alone pushing a 2 tonne, AWD, 7-seater station wagon.

So firstly, anyone know what the fuel tank capacity will be?

And secondly, I reckon if Ford really wanted to get the jump on Adventra, they should shoe-horn the Land Rover TD-5 diesel engine under the Territory bonnet. Or maybe one of the big diesels from the F-100 range in the US. Combined with an 80 or 90 litre tank, you'd get maybe twice the range of the Adventra. I'm sure the marketing people could do something with stats like that!

·
Future XR Owner
2,245 Posts
Great idea.

And i know Holden are looking at Diesel very seriously, so i'm sure Ford are too. They seem to be in each others pockets, so what one does, the other will too.

·
Resident geek freak
935 Posts
Thought the Terrier was more a "Soccer Mom and family to school and shops, and maybe down dirt road to the beach/picnic area or up the snow" kinda car, rather then "go anywhere round australlia into the outback" car,

If you get my drift.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
There's a heck of a lot of bitumen around this country mate.

I never mentioned the outback - I was just thinking it would be nice if it could make it from Melbourne to Sydney or to Adelaide on one tank,

if you get my drift.

·
RACE
2,950 Posts
Diesel would be a great idea especially for rural Australia. However, I don't think Aussies will warm to it to justify the expense of shoehorning one in. Although a V8 option would be nice!

·
I am The Brain
3,073 Posts
I definately see the point you are trying to make AUtoo....my "inside information" (ha) suggests that you can really feel the Territory's weight when driving...so the fuel tank better be bigger than a Falcon one.....

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
outback_ute said:
It is nice to be able to make it on one tank! :hehe:
Have to agree there! I was pretty happy that mine did Melb to Adel on one tank. I still need to get the fuel/km data off my friend so I can work out just how economical the Falc was!!

Cheers.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts