Ford Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Resident geek freak
935 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are the two different levels of terrier going to have names.
At the moment they are just called "entry level" and premium" or something.

Im guessing the hi-spec will be Territory Ghia as all top level fords are.
Will the entry model be Territory XT?

XT2
XT4
Ghia2
Ghia4
(And the fabled turbo could be Territory XR)

or maybe there will be a different name for 4wd versions

Anyone know? any ideas? any suggestions?

·
Territory TS - AWD
2,374 Posts
I'm pretty certain they will score either names or an alpha/numeric type designation but don't have a clue what.

In the MOTOR March'04 thread it claims that Ford has registered the 'Hurricane 4x4' name but I'm not convinced that's for a Territory model. If any I'd say a FPV turbo 6 model to go with the 'F6 Typhoon'.

·
I am The Brain
3,073 Posts
jemmex said:
XT2
XT4
Ghia2
Ghia4
(And the fabled turbo could be Territory XR)
I don't know about anyone else....but I would not like to see numbers after the XT name or Ghia name, even if they are signifying whether it is a 2WD or 4WD. It just looks.....wrong to me. By all means put badging to indicate whether it is a 4x4, but against those badges I am not sure.

I think they should distance the names from the Falcon range...by all means call the High level ones Ghias because it is reputable under the Ford umbrella...but as far as XT and XR go, I think they should remain exclusively Falcon.

As for suggestions, I am no good at that...they all sound shocking when I suggest anything :angel:
Maybe ES (obviously being Entry Series) and Ghia.

·
Can't wait for Winton...
2,759 Posts
Good work Clay! Now I'm confused though, what would R3 mean?

That page is entertaining reading though! You've got to wonder what Renault are smoking, and also surely the future Jeep Adventurer would have Holden going for lawyers at 20 paces if they try to sell it here!

·
I am The Brain
3,073 Posts
Clay said:
Ford also recently registered the names "TERRITORY R5....
Could it be that they want to resurrect that stunning 4 door ute concept the R5 in Territory guise? They might just be thinking about it...however the problem would be that the general public would think Ford are copying the Crewman (when we know full well that Ford produced one first!)

·
Can't wait for Winton...
2,759 Posts
Good point FordHawk! How about this?

TERRITORY TX, base model
TERRITORY MTX, mid-range model
TERRITORY STX, top model
TERRITORY TR, sports version
TERRITORY R5, 4 door ute version
TERRITORY R3, 2 door ute version

·
100MPH Hunter
1,045 Posts
I think the R5 could be the V8 version same as the concept
and R3 for the I6.

Just a thought.

·
No Boundaries...
39 Posts
Maybe the 5 in R5 stands for 5 door, and the 3 in R3 for 3 door, Territory R3 coupe??? :s6: :s6:

·
Territory TS - AWD
2,374 Posts
Clay said:
Maybe the 5 in R5 stands for 5 door, and the 3 in R3 for 3 door, Territory R3 coupe??? :s6: :s6:
Similar to my thoughts;

R5 - 5 door - wagon body (ie.the ne we have seen)

R3 - 3 door - ute body with 2 doors one side (suicide style like the R5 concept ute) and a single door the other. Just like the latest Courier and many US pickups.

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Top of the line Territory will be a Ghia. I was at a Ford dinner on Friday night and 2 Territories were on display out the front. The low series had no badges but the top of the line vehicle which was driven down to Geelong by GP had Ghia badges on the back. They were in capital letters, not like the scripted style used on the Fairmont Ghia. Looked superb in Offshore.

·
Resident geek freak
935 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Perhaps it will be just "Territory" and "Territory Ghia" no specail name for low spec.
Same as Fairlane and Fairlane Ghia, and for many years the base falcon was jsut called falcon, then became falcon 500, GL, GLi, Forte, now XT. Here endeth the lesson.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts