Ford Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Old Skool Member
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK guys, I'm back, and MAN WHAT AN EXPERIENCE! Can we say WOW DUDE!? hehehe, it was awesome. It was that nice light blue color. It handled FREAKIN LIKE A DREAM, and it was raining/snowing outside! Everytime he and I gunned it around a corner it would just slingshot us through and then the boost would kick in and we were on our way, all without a SINGLE OUNCE of traction lost, I LOVE THE AWD. The car feels SOOOOOOOOOOOOO TIGHT.

I love the perspective from the drivers seat! You can see the smooth curves of the hood, and then you can see the awesome scoop slightly on your right, VERY Good drivers perspective.

The interior, AWESOME. Carbon fiber everything, MOMO steering wheel from the factory! 6-disk cd-changer. The rear seats had plenty of room too, it's the perfect car to hauls your friends in or family, yet still take down an ITR with the slightest ease!

The turbo was fairly quiet, I didnt hear it hardly at all unless I turned off the heater fan and radio, etc. Then it was only slightly heard. The engine however did sound like it was very powerful and the car sounded very nice for being stock. The turbo kicked in fairly quickly it seemed like I didnt have to wait very long for it. On the down side it seemed to want to kick in even when I was leasurly driving it.

It still had EXCELLENT road manners, and race quality acceleration and handling, I don't even know what more to say about it other than it kicks some major [censored] when that 14psi kicks in, and I am going to get one next year I'm pinching my pennies now..

I'll still have my Probe,trading the Durango for it.

ANYONE AND EVERYONE, I URGE YOU TO GO DOWN AND TEST DRIVE ONE OF THESE BEASTS!

Marc

·
Mod/Ranger Member
131 Posts
I was thinking of going down and doing that but now I know I will. How much do they run? You got me all excited now. Hope I can convince my wife to trade in her car so I can keep my truck but still drive it, sigh...

·
Old Skool Member
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The one that I test drove the guy said was 27, but it was fully option'd, and also the auto made it a little more too. You can get a fully optioned manual for low 26k, not bad although there are a few cars that you can get more of a bang for your buck, like the Mustang GT for example. But the Subaru WRX will get you through the winter, and tote everyone around as well unlike the Mustang GT. You should go down there and test drive it before someone buys it. They have sold only about 10 this year down at Continental Subaru and they are not going to get anymore for a while, I suspect next year when I get mine. :):)

It'll be great, it's good for the family because it's four doors, fairly roomy inside, get's better gas mileage then the Durango, and is more comfortable as well. The WRX was originated for off-road Rally Racing so it would fit Alaska well, I CANT WAIT.

DONT WAIT MAN, GO TEST DRIVE THAT THING! Just tell them that you are interested in one, but you are going to be paying on your truck for a while, that way they don't bother you into the paperwork, but you can still test drive it to see if you like it. I know you should.

Here's an EXACT picture of what it looked like, even the color was the same, the rims, everything, it was sweeter in person and when driving it of course.. :) Got to love that hood scoop, the intercooler sits RIGHT under the scoop directly above the engine, isnt that SWEEET??!?!!?

Hope this pic thing works in here.

·
Old Skool Member
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
BTW, that's my second Photoshop attempt. The special effects were done using EyeCandy. It took only a few minutes.

Anyone have any experience with Photoshop? Anyone know how to drop the car, and make the rims larger?

thanks!

·
Old Skool Member
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah we have a legacy, but not a TWIN TURBO! There was however a turbo Legacy back in the early 90's.

The closest thing to a sport legacy would be the Legacy Outback Sport. With the 3.0L H6 engine (Boxer 6) it puts out impressive numbers, almost as much as the WRX. Now if they would only turbo that H6!

·
Old Skool Member
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Most people here seem to not like the round headlights, but I personally think it's a work of art. Alot of people still like it, but if there was anything about the front end that Americans don't like is those round headlights.

I still think it is one VERY good looking car!
Front to back!

·
Administrator
5,119 Posts
We have a twin turbo AWD Legacy here called an RSK-B4 Legacy .205 KWs .I'll post a pic it's real nice lookin.

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
Vulcan Power said:
Most people here seem to not like the round headlights, but I personally think it's a work of art. Alot of people still like it, but if there was anything about the front end that Americans don't like is those round headlights.

I still think it is one VERY good looking car!
Front to back!
Yes i am changing my mind a little as well re the front styling. I really like the WRC version though:thumbup:

·
Old Skool Member
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
What a nice looking car, is that the twin turbo version? How much power does it put out in hp/torque?

P

·
0 Posts
OK, I got a question! Why cant they make a 2 door WRX? Subaru is famous for its little 2 door AWD rally cars, now I think they hit the nail in the head with this AWD turbo WRX, but give us a little rally car!!! Im just not digging the 4 door style with that shape its too hm small hyundai-sedanish... :rolleyes:

·
Administrator
5,119 Posts
Vulcan Power said:
What a nice looking car, is that the twin turbo version? How much power does it put out in hp/torque?
Yes that is the twin turbo model.The 5spd manual puts out 206kw's which i think is 280hp. The auto's put out 190kw's.Unsure of torque but will find out.The RSK B4 model which is the one in the pic is a top of the line model with leather interior etc.

·
Old Skool Member
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
ProbeBandit, there is a 2-door version. It's just not out in the USA. Give it a couple years and I'm sure it will show. A 2-door version would be nice, and lighter- but for us with kids, this is about the best choice for a 4-door in the world! (When money is a concern)

I repeat, I have heard of a 2-door WRX. Anyone else know about those?

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
Yeah spot on Definately a two door model In Aust they are called the STI model and are a limited number!:(

·
Administrator
5,119 Posts
As HSE2 say's there is a 2 door STI Impreza down here in New Zealand and Australia.The Lastest model has not been able to meet demand in Japan as the making of the 6 spd manual box for the STI seems slow compared to the large demand for them so haven't been any apart from demo models outside Japan.From what i understand there are a number of people here in New Zealand that already have deposit's down on them.The STI is held in high regard here as it is fitted with all the rally type equipment from the Subaru Technica International (STI) engineering dept.I'll post pic's. I have a soft spot for Subaru's along with my passion for Ford's.I am currently looking at buying a Impreza STI sportwagon but have also been testing the twin turbo Legacy wagon in the used car range that is.

P

·
0 Posts
Ok cool, I thought I read somewhere that they werent gonna make 2 door WRXs. But if they are, with a 6 speed, AWD, turbo that will be one helluva drive! :thumbup:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts