Ford Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
.au member
2,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a letter in the mail today with a booklet, saying that if I take a new Falcon for a test drive and get it stamped by the dealer I will get a free 6 months subscription to a magazine of my choice. Did anyone else get this?!

Sounds alright to me - drive of a nice car and 6 months worth of free reading!

·
When 2 T3s are not enough
1,934 Posts
I want one

·
.au member
2,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not sure how old you have to be to take one for a run, I'm lucky, friends with dealer's family so I've had a few before.

If you didnt get one, try signing up for Territory Info, I'm assuming this is where they got my info from. I've signed up for other stuff before, but it was only after filling the Territory stuff out that I got this.

·
Below: Not Mine :(
117 Posts
I got 2 in the Mail lol, Im going to be 18 in two weeks so ill go then and then again at another place :)

·
Lord of the RC
2,515 Posts
Yep i got one as well havent looked much else into it just yet test drove an XR6 about 2 weeks before i got the ST so doubt i could go back to the same dealer again to do that.. might have to goto another one tho hehe :)

Would say you have to be on you full licence to test a car tho

Chris

·
Registered Abuser
352 Posts
I also got mine today. To you under 18s, I'm sure your friendly Ford dealer will validate the entry without an actual test drive.
The only magazines of interest to me would be Wheels or Motor. I dont normally buy either. Can some one tell me how these mags differ from each other, and which do you prefer?

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
greetings all
i also received one in the mail
but i will do mine a little different, i will go to my ford dealer & just ask him to validate if as he knows that i am not interested in a new car untill the BA11 is release & i dont want to waste his time or cost him a possiable sale by takeing him out on a test drive

i am certain that i will be one of his first calls when the series 2 is released

regards
rod

·
.au member
2,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
great, so Rod you might just be one of my first calls when BAII is released! :wnc:

Good for those who cant drive them yet, Ive already driven a few BA's so it wont be anything unusual for me, but I'm not going to knock back another chance! However, I would check about the P plates thing - I know some dealers wont hand over the keys to anything if youre on P's no matter how old you are, admittedly that was a Holden dealer though.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Yer i also got 2 hahah. well im getting dad to get a XR6 turbo then a XR8cuse to get out n about in tha cars!

·
Falcontastic.
6,039 Posts
Yeh I got one aswell, but I won't waste the dealer's time either,I'll just get it stamped and send it away,but I cant decide wether to get Motor or Wheel's, witch one is better,any opinion's?.

·
.au member
2,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Wheels seems to have more prestige and reputation - they do COTY remember. Motor is good when you want a change from Wheels tho - they get a bit more light hearted about things and say what they think without dumbing it down.

I'm going to pick Wheels for mine simply cos their journos are pretty well respected, and they seem to know what they're on about, as well as COTY.

·
FFing Festive
597 Posts
back2thefutura said:
Wheels seems to have more prestige and reputation - they do COTY remember. Motor is good when you want a change from Wheels tho - they get a bit more light hearted about things and say what they think without dumbing it down.

I'm going to pick Wheels for mine simply cos their journos are pretty well respected, and they seem to know what they're on about, as well as COTY.
I sent one in months ago and, as yet, no mags. I'm trying to find out who to hassle. Are there any phone nos. on the card or can somebody please just give me the address on the card?

·
Bring Back Jeff Kennet
2,277 Posts
yeap I got mine too...what are the chances of a dealership lending me a XR6t? Hell id be happy with a n/a but I might as well try.

Does anyone go with you?

I test drove an audi A3 a while back in Geelong and the dealership said just come back in an hour and that was it.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts