Ford Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Editor on P Plates
2,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today is supposed to be a good day; my last day of work before 2 weeks holidays – unfortunately, it’s turned out to be the worst day of the month for me. :fraz:

I get up this morning to cries from my grandmother – she’s fallen over and gashed her arm wide open on a key sticking out of a cupboard door in the laundry. As she has a heart condition and takes an asprin everyday to thin the blood, she’s been bleeding like a stuck pig and it won’t stop.

On top of this she’s hurt her hip as she fell, and can’t support her own weight. So at 7:30 am I’ve had to race her to the medical center with her arm wrapped in like 3 towels to stop from getting blood on the seats in the XR.

I’ve raced out the door with her in such a hurry that I forgot to close the back door properly and the dog got in the house while we were away. Left to her own devices, the little bitch has climbed up over the couch onto the computer table behind it and stolen a $35 bag of macadamia nuts, dragged them back down onto the new $1200 lounge and eaten them out of the bag, leaving nut oil stains on the suede of the 2 week old lounge.

Top top this all off, when I FINALLY get to work, as I swing into my parking spot I misjudge the distance and manage to rub my car on the Pajero of the woman who parks next me. Of course, there was no visible damage to the Pajero, but a great silver and black smear/scratch down the front left corner of my bumper!

:AAHHH: :AAHHH: :AAHHH:

THEN, As I walked around the to the front of the car to look at the damage I hooked my $60 shirt on the wire mesh fence and ripped a 5 inch gash in it.

:BW: :BW: :BW:

I'm going home to cry now.

·
Not a Twink
1,086 Posts
jeez mate your not having a good one at all. Sounds like you need to fake and illness, grab a bottle of scotch.... Go home and start drinking.

·
Whats traction?
2,197 Posts
Damn JR thats one nasty sucker of a morning :fraz:

Hope you, your Grandma and the XR recover OK.

Never let the broackards get you down mate!

·
17" is for 4cyc
1,859 Posts
:AAHHH: cheeeez JR did you run over a black cat ? Friday the 19th for you.
Man no good for Grandma, I hope she recovers quickly.
Ah its a dogs life, sitting on the couch with the remote channel surfing for Animal Planet on cable.

See you tonight there will be a Hugh 3fb inspection on the XR.

·
FF Town Sheriff
1,165 Posts
I gotta say - I'd go home - don't stop, don't touch anything and when you get there sit on the couch and don't move until 12:01.

·
Editor on P Plates
2,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm not worried about my Nan, she's home having a good time at a lunch with friends who were coming over. You'd never know she hurt herself if not for the bandage on her arm and the bruise she tells me she has on her hip.

The old bitch has had doctors telling her she's got six months to live for the last 4 years, (we're beginning to think she's unbreakable) so we're pretty much at the 'hurry up and die' stage now - callous, but honest.

I'm more cut about scratching my own car doing a stupid, stupid thing. Hopefully it will all buff out as it was just a light (if long) rub, but with my luck today I'm not holding my breath. With a big carshow in each of the next 2 months and Xmas bills to pay this (and getting the new lounge cleaned) is bound to cost me a motza :fraz:

I'd certainly go that bottle of scotch right now, but driving into Bondi tonight and me thinks there will be a fair few cops on the road with RBT this close to Christmas.

·
Lamahs approve of manuals
1,382 Posts
Speaking of oldies, it was like an invasion force on the move this morning - they were all over the roads. Every time I passed the one in front going 50 in the 60 zone, I'd get stuck behind the next one who was doing 40 . . . I never thought I was going to get to work . . .

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
damn your day did really suck,hope the holidays are better for ya!

·
Just give me an excuse...
3,949 Posts
sorry to hear what happened to you today JR. Hope all is well with Grandma, hopefully the car is ok...well the day is nearly finished so all is good....remember tomorrow is another day :)

·
XE Wagon owner
2,125 Posts
Bugga JR......

Glad Granny is OK .........

Have a top one tonight matey ......... Maybe a Taxi is in order so those Beams can be used for medicinal purposes :p

:fairy

·
Crikey
2,014 Posts
Mate a night out with the 3FB's will fix you up real good.

As for the damage to the XR, sounds like another visit to the Strider School of Parking is needed. And now we have two wounded XR's in the gang, don't think mine will polish out though.

·
a little bit sideways
1,258 Posts
JR...either go home or hide in a box. but PLEASE dont come anywhere near me :)

·
I am The Brain
3,073 Posts
Sorry to hear that JR....I think you need a drink.

Good to hear everyone is ok, except for the XR :sad:

·
{';'}
4,345 Posts
Tough luck mate :( I really hate those shitty days when everything goes to pieces.

I couldn't help but laugh at the thought of your mutt getting on the computer desk and getting the nuts, then having the nerve to relax on your nice suede couch and drop crumbs everywhere! LMAO!!! I know what damn animals are like. We often used to catch the cat on the bench - boy would she cop a belting!

At least Friday is over for ya!

·
You can do eeeit!
1,495 Posts
Bugger Jase, well thats now a total tally of four 3FB XR's that have been wounded in the space of the last two months alone.

I agree - it really is a really sh!tty season, bah humbug!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts