Ford Forums banner

1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Read Only
1,395 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After coming back from the accountants earlier this evening with the news I'll get a bit back in my tax refund, I'm keen to get some new "performance" mufflers for the AU. Problem is, I'm not sure on what type/brand to get. I definitely don't mind if it's a little on the loud side of stock, if anything it already seems to be louder than other AU V8 Ghias I've heard getting around anyway.
I was thinking along the lines of straight thru Walker "ultra flows" or something along them lines. What do you reckon,
Thanks all,
Russell.

·
BSR
2,279 Posts
I love the sound of mine, a few guys on here have heard it.....:nuts:

I have red back straight thru's on and no rear resonator, Cant hear it in the car, but sounds unreal outside.

·
T5 Expert Operator
6,540 Posts
Mate, i'll vouch for that, XLR8's car does sound niiice, very addictive geez when i was following Wulos to newcastle that weekend, i saw a Blue XR8 then i heard the sound and said yeap thats XLR8's car. :cool: :cool:

·
Read Only
1,395 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks XLR8, sounds like a good thing. Redbacks, I've never heard of them. Is that the brand or the model?
If it sounds good I'm gunna cut them resonators out for sure.
I'll have to pa ruse the exhaust establishments and see if I can find em. :cool:
Russell.

·
CEO - The BSR Group
4,400 Posts
I've got Lukeys on mine, (straight through design), also with rear resonators removed. Sounds fan-f-ing-tastic!! :D Also got a H-bar up just behind the cats, which is imo necessary on a dual system.

·
Two SC 61's = trouble
6,360 Posts
Talking of exhausts and H pipes, has anyone put an X pipe on instead of H ,I hear from the States that is the way to go for dual exhaust's.Sound and performance is great.I see all the touring cars have them.Remember Lounds's Commodore that rolled they had an X arrangement.

·
BSR
2,279 Posts
Rastus said:
Thanks XLR8, sounds like a good thing. Redbacks, I've never heard of them. Is that the brand or the model?
If it sounds good I'm gunna cut them resonators out for sure.
I'll have to pa ruse the exhaust establishments and see if I can find em. :cool:
Russell.
I think that is the brand, Nipper has them on his too

also, get rid of the rear resonator for sure:D :D

·
gone
10,402 Posts
Pitty a cannot post wav files, I have removed the rear res and the note is sensational!

Blows 99 dec though, so keep the res hanging around for the epa tests:cool:

T

·
0 Posts
I have original system, starting with extractors, then cats, then mufflers, and thats it....both pipes end at the diff 12 inches from the mufflers. nothing out the back. when you gun the thing and go through the gears, the sound is like you are in a shell car.

·
HORSE POWER FACTORY
257 Posts
Good Thinkin!!

THE DOCTOR said:
I have original system, starting with extractors, then cats, then mufflers, and thats it....both pipes end at the diff 12 inches from the mufflers. nothing out the back. when you gun the thing and go through the gears, the sound is like you are in a shell car.
Thats the way Doc,, excatly the way l do it to, l 've put on the back a fake tip to confuse them.

T

·
0 Posts
yeah the sound is good, not to loud, but when you give it some stick. the engine seems to rev better with a throbbing vibration through the cab

T

·
0 Posts
its not that loud on the idle, if you pull away from the lights at 2000rpm it just lugs along, not loud at all. but when you gun it the exhaust gives a throb sound, not a bark like most V8's. I've even been driving along with a cop car beside me, he had his window down and never said nothing. try taking of your back section gaz, and bolting up 2 x 12 inch sections to the rear of your mufflers. you will love the sound, gauranteed.

·
HORSE POWER FACTORY
257 Posts
Copppss!

laminge said:
I dont beleive you havent been pulled over by the cops
[COLOR=red
Cops what cops?
Did u see cops there laminge?:D They're toooo slow for me>>>>>

·
gone
10,402 Posts
So at idle its Ok,

I live in a well to do street and start her up at 6.30am, are the neighbours gonna get pissed with me??????

T

·
0 Posts
its actually very quiet believe it or not. even when you drive normally people wont look at you. (me anyway) BUT when you give it some, they will look.

·
Read Only
1,395 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks for the replies fellas.Looks like the general consensus is that I get straight thru mufflers and cut the resonators out of the back. Easy enough.
Or I could go your method Doc & Zeus, sounds good as long as I wasn't cop bait. :evil: Missus drives it most of the time...surely they wouldn't pull her over anyway. I'd hope.:D
Russell.

1 - 20 of 80 Posts