Ford Forums banner

61 - 80 of 80 Posts

·
Shh i'm huntin more power
1,764 Posts
The yella terra ones i'm talking about are only new, they're not on their web page yet. They're supposed to be a direct bolt on to the factory stuff. Well thats what the article said anyways...

·
gone
10,402 Posts
Ok, Got a problem

Extra fuel pump is in the way of 2nd muffler, and will sit very close to the 6 speed!

Not Happy Jan

Will try the 3inch system 2morrow!:nuts:

·
gone
10,402 Posts
well

I got the 3inch in and it sounds great!

Two pipes to muffler, and 3inch to rear will small dog tagged where resonator should be

Just need to get some customer extractors made now!

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
laminge said:
Just need to get some customer extractors made now!
You pharkin mad-man laminge.. ;) Good to see someone going crazee with their baby.. :D

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
Ford Man said:

You pharkin mad-man laminge.. ;) Good to see someone going crazee with their baby.. :D
Oh he passed crazy aloooooog time ago

What have you done Laminge. What have you gone 3 inch where you used to have 2.75?

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
HSE2 said:
Oh he passed crazy aloooooog time ago
He sets a good example to everyone else involved with FF and Ford in general!! ;)

·
gone
10,402 Posts
I got bad suspision that the extractors sold to me by you know who arent kosha!!!

I had a good look today underneath and the pipes become very constricted at most turns.

Not a good thing trying to keep all that compression in.

Its like trying to hold a stinkin Fart in the lift, basically it slowly makes its way out, and god does it stink!!!:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

·
Two SC 61's = trouble
6,360 Posts
Jase: Those shaft rockers look good,should be stronger that way the two bolts support each other.What price I wander???

·
Australian XR8 Member
170 Posts
HERROD - had their headers (coated) and 2 into 1 stainless system fitted at 1100 km. What a difference!!!!

Have done long (400km) trips with no resonance problems.

These guys have it perfect!!

Forget the rest, go with Herrod. At 110 km/h cruising, very non intrusive, a rev's great tone. Decceleration in 'change down/engine braking ' mode gives great 'sucky burble'. Would rec this system to anyone who wants quality. Give them a call!

·
Pursuit Reincarnation Dog
7,777 Posts
Here's a pic of the standard XR8 220kW exhaust for reference.

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Discussion Starter #72
Just an update on my cars exhaust which started this post.
I ended up getting the single 2 1/2" straight thru Lukey for my 2 into 1 system.
Sounds great. Old style single system V8 sound. A bit of resonance in the car but nothing too obtrusive.What do I care...that's why I bought an 8 isn't it.
Very happy:cool:
Russell.

·
Two SC 61's = trouble
6,360 Posts
Rastus; Yes I have a 3" and it does resonate abit in the cabin.I have been in another car with a more expensive & bigger, 3" s/steel muffler much much better.

·
Shh i'm huntin more power
1,764 Posts
D&T Performance.

Here's copy of an email i got from them about an exhaust for my car. I asked if that price included cats and was told my car already has twin cats and that the stock ones are pretty good. Their product looks good, but a bit too pricey for what you get in my opinion if it doesn't include cats... When i get the cash i'll be going the herrod system.

> Jason,Thanks for your enquiry,The system we design for your car would
> include,Headers,Stainless dual system with twin mufflers & resonator with
> tips.This will give the vehicle a nice V8 and will increase power by
16-18
> kilo watts at the wheels.Cost $2354.00.Look forward to your reply.
>
> Thanks
> Wayne Brown

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Discussion Starter #76
EL FUTURA said:
Guys, just wondering if any of you have heard of DT Performance (exhaust systems) in SA.............
Their website is http://www.dtperformance.com.au/falc6.htm
I don't know of anyone with a DT system but their systems do look like a real professional job.Expensive though:(
Myself and a guy from work talked to them (phone) a while back and got some prices. Apparently the send a lot of stuff O/S also.

Russell.

·
7,777 Posts
Check out the real standard XR8 exhaust before Tickford do anything about it!

T

·
0 Posts
Aussie Pete said:
Here's a pic of the standard XR8 220kW exhaust for reference.
I had one of them and it sounded like a strangled chicken:thumbdown

·
7,777 Posts
THE DOCTOR said:

I had one of them and it sounded like a strangled chicken:thumbdown
The AU1 doesn't sound like these DOC. The 220 engines really sound superb with the big headers, cats and the twin system. If you maintain that it really DOES sound like a strangled chicken I'm quitting my job and applying for a job at a chicken abottoir ;) :nuts:

·
Australian Ford Member
23 Posts
BTW - I found Berkley (spelling ?) straight through mufflers always gave me the nicest sound (inside and out) without being too loud. That was on my XW GT, XB GT (side pipes !!) and XD ESP. Don't know tho if they're still available.

61 - 80 of 80 Posts