Ford Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Australian Ford Member
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Everyone will know what I'm talking about. Walking up the side of the Hume this morning with the incessant buzz of 'the-modern-car' ringing vaguely in my consciousness. All of a sudden, someone with a 308 spots a gap in the traffic... Roooooaaarr.. Love it.

The first time I really felt that sound I was under the bonnet with my new 253, a screwdriver in each hand, bent over the double barrells, with my little brother handling the throttle. I just had to stand back and let it flow through me.

ok.. so both GM motors, but you know what I mean.

·
Pursuit Reincarnation Dog
7,777 Posts
I agree. Nothing like a bent 8. Only the Holdens have always been about induction noise - the Fords talk from the real end (TE50 would have to be one of the sweetest sounding cars I can think of).
My HDT Director sounded pretty sweet though with the pre-axle dump pipes :CraZ: ;) :wink2:

G

·
0 Posts
Ahhh yes who can ever forget the sound of a 253 thongslapper.
You just can't beat that sweet sound of the dual exhaust 351 Cleveland.
:D

·
T5 Expert Operator
6,542 Posts
Yeah couldn't agree more GTHO4, 253's are thong slappers, theres are a few around my place as well. Yeah 253 is not on my list, but the 351 Clevo in a friends XC Ute sure did rock. Thats music to my ears. Thats raw ford power.

Yeah the TE-50 that Pete had sounded pretty good, but i wish to hear it with the stock exhaust, the mod exhaust spoilt sound abit.

The old 308 from holden sounded decent but the new GENIII doesn't really have a sound. :( :(

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
EF_Falcon_GuY said:
..but the new GENIII doesn't really have a sound. :( :(
That's because it's a Holden vacuum cleaner. It really sucks!!..

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
You should hear a 5.5L V8 AMG winding out to 6000rpm in a 4wd! The service adviser and the sales manager at work took a brand new ML55 for a run. Scared the living sh*t out'a everyone around the place! Music to the ears. I wonder what a scooby motor will sound like with dual 1,1/2" and hotdogs?

·
Pursuit Reincarnation Dog
7,777 Posts
EF_Falcon_GuY said:
Yeah the TE-50 that Pete had sounded pretty good, but i wish to hear it with the stock exhaust, the mod exhaust spoilt sound abit.
What I haven't said up till now was when I took the TE50 back they had a brand new black one in stock, 5 speed. The salesman took me to the car and we gave it a bit of a run. Sounded way better than the modified car. I can't understand why anyone would want to modify the TE50 exhaust. It sounds next to perfect!

The only shortcoming I can see with the Tickford exhausts are that they are mild steel - not stainless. The cars I have seen have rust around the joins and muffler flanges. HSV have had stainless systems for years!

·
T5 Expert Operator
6,542 Posts
The TE-50 exhaust sounds like it's from the same material as my falcon. I think it's the cheapest thing on the market, i mean look under a camry they even have a better exhaust material than falcon. The rust bits piss me off abit so i sprayed it with this rust guard stuff around the joins, dunno if it's going to work. :( :( :(

Yeah for sure stainless would have to be the go, 10 year guarentee not 1-2 years.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
7 Participants
XR_Strider_GuY
Ford Forums
Ford Forum is a community to discuss all things Ford. Check out our discussions on the Ford Escape, Mustang, Edge, F-150, Raptor, Explorer, Focus, Fusion, Fiesta and more!
Full Forum Listing