1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
AV to feature

*Twin Cam 6
*Turbocharged XR6 {atleast 230kw}
*New 5.4 in 3 guises
*3 Valves for Falcon spec and XR8 and 4 Valves for 300+ T Series
*Lighter IRS on EVERY Falcon

This years T Series to have something around 260kw,agressive kits and optional crossed drilled rotors.

Last months Commode ute killing ute sales have made Ford even more keen on a T ute when the Stroker arrives.

·
EL Fairmont Ghia Member
190 Posts
Have had my head stuck in the sand awhile, what is the sales figures of the utes, lets say for June, Holden vs Ford?

T series ute, drooling at the thought, I could go one............

Jas

·
Ford Member
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The pic of the XR8 looks like its missing a front bumper IMO it sits way too high and the bonnet is too plain.

·
Ford Member
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
June----Ford 1730 utes Holden 1048. Ford could have sold alot more too if they could have meet demand indicating they should have a good start this month. Holden predicted the VU would outsell Fords and Ford would sell less than 1000 a month. Ford have built one awesome looking tough ute!!

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
VilkasMaximus said:
T series ute, drooling at the thought, I could go one............
It's sheer MADNESS if they don't! Why do you think HSV have the Maloo? It ain't for Tradies I can tell you.. Hot, hot ute is needed at Glenbarry Rd real fast!

·
Ford Member
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No mention of suspensions do you think theyll do it with IRS?? With 260kw and stroker torque surely theyll have to.

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
DR XR said:
No mention of suspensions do you think theyll do it with IRS?? With 260kw and stroker torque surely theyll have to.
Dunno.. I can see it being ok with a live arse in it. IRS would be great though wouldn't it.. :D

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
Great news for the AV! Any chance of somebody scanning the article and posting here?

·
Rail Rider
1,248 Posts
DR XR said:
June----Ford 1730 utes Holden 1048. Ford could have sold alot more too if they could have meet demand indicating they should have a good start this month. Holden predicted the VU would outsell Fords and Ford would sell less than 1000 a month. Ford have built one awesome looking tough ute!!

As I can see now Ford are selling more utes because of the tradespeople they have been waiting for a car cab 1 tonner since the WB ute. Also not to mention the perfected durability of the Falcon ute!

·
Australian Falcon Futura Classic Member
32 Posts
Falchoon said:
Great news for the AV! Any chance of somebody scanning the article and posting here?
I found a picture from www.mellor.com and if you click on Automotive e-news you should see the article about the new falcon, click on that and it will give you a story about what Ford is doing up until that time. I have been trying to put a descent picture up for the last 1/2 hour but can't get a decent amount of contrast. So I will leave it to one of you experts out there.

·
Australian Falcon Futura Classic Member
32 Posts
From all the latest articles on the Falcon that I have seen it occurs to me that everyone has been given one photo and they have had to of adjusted it from there. Because in 4 articles that I have seen they all refer back to that picture.

·
Shhh, we're hunting Lions
1,610 Posts
Any chance of posting the pic on this thread, or will you mongrels make me buy the whole newspaper.

·
Ford Member
1,156 Posts
I wonder how reliable there info is.

3 valve for all 6's? Hmm, does that mean the VCT 12v 6 is going to be tossed? I suppose its the only way Ford can justify a new head with such a short term life. I suppose the Turbo will allow the Xr6 to be that little special. Does that mean the VCT will appear on other models before the AV? Falcon S?

3 giuse 5.4, hmmm a basic 230Kw unit, 245 for Xr8's, 300+Kw for the T series? Sounds good.

T series ute is a pretty good idea, ute successful, ute + more power + better looks.. FTe may have something to sell after all..

·
Ford Member
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Its the 8s that will have the 3 valves in standard and XR8 form but the T Series will have 4 according to the article indicating that they will probably be hand built totally different heads. I think that all 6s will be the twin OHCs and the XR6 will have the Turbo. Will be very interesting to see what standard power plant is used in GHIA though given that its been less than XR6s but more than GLI/Fortes for a while now. Hope the low end forms of the 8 are just an exhaust and intake away from getting some decent power gains. Those Ts sound pretty mean though. If they had that sort of power youd have to wonder if there would be a market for a GT. Cant wait to see some XR6 owners pump some PSI into those turbos.

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
DR XR said:
June---- Holden predicted the VU would outsell Fords and Ford would sell less than 1000 a month. Ford have built one awesome looking tough ute!!
I seem to remember Holden claiming that Ford wouldn't sell another ute once the VU hit the road. Couple of months later news broke that HSV was being consulted over the one tonne conversion:eek:

·
Interloper from LS1.com
768 Posts
Hopefully Holden ute sales will catch up but the Ford ute is a good looking piece of kit, it sells well cos it looks good.

Is the 220Kw XR8 motor available in the ute?

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
DR XR said:
Its the 8s that will have the 3 valves in standard and XR8 form but the T Series will have 4 according to the article indicating that they will probably be hand built totally different heads. I think that all 6s will be the twin OHCs and the XR6 will have the Turbo. Will be very interesting to see what standard power plant is used in GHIA though given that its been less than XR6s but more than GLI/Fortes for a while now. Hope the low end forms of the 8 are just an exhaust and intake away from getting some decent power gains. Those Ts sound pretty mean though. If they had that sort of power youd have to wonder if there would be a market for a GT. Cant wait to see some XR6 owners pump some PSI into those turbos.
Are you thinking of being one of those turbo XR6 owners DR XR?:cool:

1 - 20 of 36 Posts