Build an AU web site?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 707 Posts

·
BOFH
7,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys (and Gals), I have a bit of spare web space (around 6meg) and was thinking of putting together a website that simply shows heaps and heaps of AU's. I figure theres more than enough AU owners here to fill a heap of space.

So my question is, should I do it and would you let me post your AU's in it?

·
Black 200kw wheel barrow
3,626 Posts
good idea shane

you have enough time? ive noticed EVERY time i come onto FF your online!! whats the deal?

if i can make a suggestion, build the site like a tickford club site style, but instead make it an AU club (maybe even AU Preservation Society as a name?)

for example have members pages where they have a little speal on their car and themselves
a tech page for mods
a page dedicated to the specs info etc on each model of AU
a gallery for just all sorts of AU pics

and most importantly an entire section dedicated to JUST caspers mods! :angel:

just some thoughts anyway

oh and yeah id be more than happy to help if needed :hy:

·
BOFH
7,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
FalKeen said:
good idea shane

you have enough time? ive noticed EVERY time i come onto FF your online!! whats the deal?

if i can make a suggestion, build the site like a tickford club site style, but instead make it an AU club (maybe even AU Preservation Society as a name?)

for example have members pages where they have a little speal on their car and themselves
a tech page for mods
a page dedicated to the specs info etc on each model of AU
a gallery for just all sorts of AU pics

and most importantly an entire section dedicated to JUST caspers mods! :angel:

just some thoughts anyway

oh and yeah id be more than happy to help if needed :hy:
Some really good ideas there Falkeen, I think that would be the way to go. I'll call it the AUPS site!!

As for my mods page, with a blank page do? :p

It wont be a fancy site, just something to go an look at heaps of AU pics to get ideas, see what people have done etc. I would want some sort of info on each car so people know what they are looking at.

Probably break it down as you suggested into a section per person like a "members garage" with some pics and a bit of info.
Then a page of just all sorts of AU's for just pics, no specs.
The mods section is a good idea too, similar to the garage section.

I havent really though it through fully yet, just tossing up ideas to see if people would be interested.

As for having time, I'm on all the time cause I work from home and just leave it open in the background :p

·
Registered
3,143 Posts
Shane, great idea. Go with Falkeen's idea and have a page with list of all the cool, easy to do mods for AU's that improve performance and enhance the look. I'll definately be hangin around the site:p

·
Bourbon powered V8
4,787 Posts
BTW casper - you are welcome to use any worthwhile shots of my car(s) - just get them from the gallery. I can also give you a spiel if you want.

·
BOFH
7,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks JC. I'll be looking into it a bit more seriously I think now. Seems that I will get a few pics.

Now....to find time between Work, Family, Surfing FF and washing the car to do it!

·
boosted sleeper
4,575 Posts
Good idea Casper. If I end up getting an AU sometime this year I'll send pics. I mean theres an e-series website deicated to all e-series so why not AU's?

Be sure to let us know when you have it up and running as well as the site address! :hy:

·
FPV & XR Club Owners ACT
483 Posts
Yeah give it a go mate.. If ya need any tips or get stuck give us an email..

I was going to focus my new site in a similar way aswell... Bit of competition happening :) nah just kidding, I decided it was actually easier to just focus on my cars instead.. I got too many site to maintain now as it is..

·
Registered
3,143 Posts
HOTDBZ said:
I can put up a list of easy to do mods too, such as those done to my XR6......LMFAO
Yeah ok Mal, your mods are easy, and cheap to! HAHAHA

·
BOFH
7,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Mr Cube said:
Yeah give it a go mate.. If ya need any tips or get stuck give us an email..

I was going to focus my new site in a similar way aswell... Bit of competition happening :) nah just kidding, I decided it was actually easier to just focus on my cars instead.. I got too many site to maintain now as it is..
If you want to do it feel free mate, I may have bitten off more than I can chew :p

Nah, I dont want to compete with yours, more to compliment it.

1 - 20 of 707 Posts