Ford Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Mod/Crown Vic Cruiser
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes, Indeed...that word is *SNOW*. Here in Western NY, we get our fair share and it is not too far away. I went to walmart today and had my snow tires put on my 93 CV LX. I am using the same ones I did last year. Blizzaks( dont know the model off the top of my head - and it is too darn cold to run out and look!) What kind of snow tires do you all use? :)angry: to those of you who do not even have to worry about them!) On patrol, our 97 PIs have Eagle's that are studded in the rear and they work great.

Just curious what everyone has on their cars and what they think of them.

Jonathan

·
Grand Muckety Muck
710 Posts
Snow tires? What are those?

I haven't used snow tires in years. Going to school and all, I jsut cannot come up with the extra cash. I'll be rolling around on my half-tread All seasons. Though, if the cash does come up, Blizzaks it will be.

G

·
We get quite a bit of snow here in the winter, and we run our Eagle RSA's year round on all of our vehicles (about 25 CVPI's)..

I also run the RSA's on my two personal 1997 CVPI's. It should be noted that all of the vehicles have "posi" rears, and we don't use electronic traction assist.

We haven't had any real problems, but we do carry chains, just in case..

·
Mod/Crown Vic Cruiser
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well, we get 100+ inches of snow in a 5 month period... actually, more snow than that... so great snow tires are a necessity

Jonathan

·
Its Big and Its Black
25 Posts
Here in Cleveland, specifically snow belt towns its about 75% that use Snow tires and roughly 25% that just run the all seasons.

I use GoodYear Ultra Grip Ice in the rear, they move this hunk around in the snow quite well. You dont hear too much about them, but i think they are just as good as the Blizzaks

·
Mod/Crown Vic Cruiser
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I love my blizzaks...never failed me... I still am waiting for the snow to arrive...take your time though...

Jonathan

·
Registered
10,552 Posts
Snow tires??? Snow Tires?? i dont need no stinking snow tires. If it snows here then i dont go out or to work.

we see on average 1 inch of snow every 2 -3 years.

·
Multi Car Owner
927 Posts
I LOVE snow. Last winter I drove my 9C1 with V-rated tires on my non posi car! Thank god it does not snow much in middle TN.

·
Mod/Crown Vic Cruiser
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well, I could arrange to have some of our snow trucked down to you if you guys want....

Jonathan

·
Grand Marquis Member
7 Posts
Walmart 255s GT Sport Radials work great in Igloo-Land :)

I use Walmart's (Halmark brand) 255/60R15 Sport G/T radials in the winter :D
Never had a problem.
In fact I've pulled out a Jeep stuck on top of a snow bank once in front of the whole Jeep/Off-Roading club. That was the highlight of that evening :D
There's nothing a two-ton tank can't do when it's weight crushes snow :)
And over here in Polar Bear land, we get enough snow to keep our igloos going. HAHA
Actually, in the years I've had my '85 GM, even with the occasional winters we get 1-2 feet of snow overnight, I haven't had any problems with getting around. So I basically left the "summer tires" on. I have 8 rims/tires. One set is my nice summer set, and the other has the spare tires I kept and decided to use as winter tires until I had a good reason to get real winter tires, which I haven't needed yet.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts