Ford Forums banner

21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Seriously Disturbed
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
cominthru said:
dam thats whitey! i couldnt have anything in my car white! looks like too much maitanance!
Agreed! i think id have a nice damp towell in there every second night scrubbing away.

·
Seriously Disturbed
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
sweet :) well it looks really good anyway.. congrats on a job well done!

(btw, if anyone knows, my EBII GLI... would it have the loom already there for a trip computer? or only a clock? i know theres two spare looms there... theres three in total... one for the rear demister, what are the other two?)

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
No loom for trip computer in GLi. One of those two other looms you're asking about is for the clock, which shuold plug straight in. Ask InitialD about this mod, because he did it to his EA (he had to add some wires to the clock loom)

-Dave-

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
Yep, they have a loom for the clock (which is optional, but the loom is there anyway), and higher series (Fairmont/Ghia) EBs have a different loom to incorporate the trip computer.

-Dave-

·
Pimpin the chrome
771 Posts
Disturbed_Dave said:
sweet :) well it looks really good anyway.. congrats on a job well done!

(btw, if anyone knows, my EBII GLI... would it have the loom already there for a trip computer? or only a clock? i know theres two spare looms there... theres three in total... one for the rear demister, what are the other two?)
The Gli's didnt get the trip computer wiring sadly. The other two plugs your seeing are 1. clock and 2. wagon rear wiper switch (yes even thou its a sedan ford put the loom in the dash for the wagon aswell)

to wire the trip computer up, send me a email at ea_svo89 at hotmail.com and ill send you some info on how to do it :hy:

·
Pimpin the chrome
771 Posts
Ask InitialD about this mod, because he did it to his EA (he had to add some wires to the clock loom)
thanks dave i feel like a celebrity now :p lol

·
Registered
30 Posts
Disturbed_Dave said:
Hey guys/girls.
Well this is it, not much at the moment :p but thats what happens when you owe money! Once my debts are paid off the real work will begin. But at the moment, its got an XH Snorkel, Custom cluster and thats about it! hehe
Im getting a new exhaust lined up, Full exhaust including headers, new high flow cat, and 2 1/2 all the way to the tip. gonna smack me with an $1100 bill straight to my forehead though!

and then i will be blessed with a new bodykit, mags and a shiny new paintjob! and further down the line, perhaps some forced induction and a few other engine bits :p

well, if you can think of anything, know of anyone who can size up any prices for this stuff, or just want to let me know how much of a wank im making my car, feel free! Cheers guys

oh and just to add, that second pic of the cluster doesnt do its justice. It obviously shines through blue for the numbering, and it actually shines down a bluey/green down the face of cluster, shattered that it didnt come up like that!
Hey mate nice dash your not going to believe i have done mine exactly the same only thing is mines red how did you get yours done i have also done the air conditioning vent surrounds two they are hard as to get out? where you from should meet up?

·
Seriously Disturbed
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
snyperEB said:
Hey mate nice dash your not going to believe i have done mine exactly the same only thing is mines red how did you get yours done i have also done the air conditioning vent surrounds two they are hard as to get out? where you from should meet up?
ah yes, that was one part i forgot to spray up! haha, thanks for reminding, might get onto it this weekend after finishing my sub box.

basically i just pulled all mine apart, sanded it back a little to remove the clear coat/protective coat off the plastic, used some plastic primer on it, then a couple layers of vinyl/plastic spray paint. would be interesting to see your if you are able to post up some pics

and im from melbourne.

cheers
dave

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
InitialD said:
thanks dave i feel like a celebrity now :p lol
That's coz you're a star, Rick James!

·
ed 5ltr
85 Posts
i like it,but im strange....go the eb gt bodykit mate.All lowered with nice shiny 18's,19's it wont look all that bulky anymore...but hell tuff!!woof!

·
Seriously Disturbed
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
well, car has had a few minor fixes, minus the completely rebuilt engine, including race pistons...

interior is much more tasteful now too :p

Attachments

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
lol go the interceptors! And daaaaamn that console is white!

Good to see custom stuff goes beyond whacking a 5" tacho on the a-pillar...

21 - 40 of 42 Posts