Ford Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Territory TS - AWD
2,374 Posts
I really don't think this technology has much of a future.

Who would want it?

Motorist - NO, he or she doesn't want the car deciding how fast it will go.

Manufacturer - NO, adds to the cost of manufacture.

Government - NO, what miss out on all that revenue from the heathen speeding motorist.

Do-Gooders, "Speed Kills" If-we-all-walked-we-would-be-OK morons. PROBABLY!

result: 3-1

It won't happen!

·
Registered
3,023 Posts
I dont believe there will be speed limiters, as like what Raptor said the Government wouldnt want to give up all that revenue. BUT, I do believe there will be GPS devices in cars that will moniter your speed wherever you go, and if you go over the limit it will transmit back to base and you'll have the appropriate fine sent to you the next day.

Youll see it happen in Japan and Europe first, then our Aussie Government will come up with so called evidence claiming that it has saved 1000s of lives in those countries so it will do the good thing and introduce it here.
It may happen in the US, but it wont happen in all the states, like Texas :D

·
Australian Falcon Member
663 Posts
So you go and import a Texan F350 the next time you gotta buy a new car!

hehe or just rip out all that GPS SH!T!

·
Rail Rider
1,248 Posts
It will never work, motor companies will not spend money like that. It would work for one reason what about over run down hills.

Plus it adds to the danger on the road, if your limited to 100km/h and some one is traveling at 95km/h it will take km's to overtake them. They don't realize that sometimes power can get you out of trouble.

·
Ford Member
1,156 Posts
There are plenty of ways to defeat everything..

Speed limiter : easy
GPS tracking : Easy, gps measures speed as if on a flat, you can go down a hill a 150 and it will say 120.., Not to mention disabling the reception.

In japan they have wierd laws reguarding photographs, so there are many ways to get out of fines, not to mention the system is so slow you could be dead before processing (like a RTA licence renewal..)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts