Ford Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yeah baby, somebody had to brought this up in here...
See, I know people will say on PT it was "rice", but hey who cares? I wouldnt mind driving in Vin Diesels RX-7 or in that Supra :nuts:
I have waited 2 months for the movie to come out, I saw the cars in Super Street, saw the previews on www.thefastandthefurious.com, I took 10 of my friends to the movies the opening day, and even though people said Id be disappointed, hell no! I THINK OVERALL IT WAS A GREAT MOVIE, ILL SEE IT MANY MORE TIMES, AND ILL BUY IT AS SOON AS IT COMES OUT ON DVD. Maybe its just cuz I can associate with the world portrayed, but in my books its one of the best movies Ive seen in a while! This is something the critics will never understand but who needs a plot when you have phat cars, hot girls, loud music, fights, and fast action races...

·
Big Daddy
357 Posts
i haven't seen it yet.. hopefully this weekend.. i don't care if it is rice or not.. looks like a cool movie..

·
PT Owner - SCPOC Prez
681 Posts
eh.

i was NOT impressed. everything looked staged and even the ending was sort of anti-climactic. it was like you knew what the good guy was going to do. :(

one 'street' scene definitely looked staged. the ghetto birds providing light for the shot proved it. ;)

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Id have to agree Damon...some of the lines were so cheesy, I needed a good glass of wine! Though some of it was adrenaline pumping, not sure I liked it overall.

·
Resident Genius
378 Posts
I keep telling people - this shouldn't have been a movie, but an IMAX documentary....3D sound with 3D image would have been much better IMO....:wink2:

·
SCPOC/Probe GT Member
238 Posts
I was actually pleasantly surprised. My expectations were very, very low--I got suckered into Driven (blech-now PLan 9 From Outer Space is no longer the worst movie ever made) and kind of expected more of the same.

Yes, the plot was thin--but not as thin as I expected, same goes for the dialog. There were more interesting cars than I was expecting (I envisioned a 2 hour Honda ad :p ).

BUT, the very end blew!! It was simply lame. :rolleyes: though at least they waited until the end of the movie to fall on their faces (unlike Driven which didn't even wait for the opening credits to end before becoming unforgivably lame).

I'll probably get it on DVD when it comes out.

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
:rolleyes: OK Is there anyone, ANYONE at all, that liked it? I feel like Im talking to a bunch of movie critics... If you liked it, please email me cuz you people depress the hell out of me tonight... :eek:

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Maybe you misunderstood me. I didnt say to compare The Fast and the Furious with a movie classic, it will never become a Forest Gump caliber film, people its only for entertainment. It was a low budget movie with a great idea behind it. All Im saying is I had fun, the $10 was well worth it... Gimme a break, I thought you guys liked cars too... Sheesh... :rolleyes:

·
PT Owner - SCPOC Prez
681 Posts
tommy, this movie isn't even on the same scale as 'gone in 60 seconds' and i'm not that big a fan of that movie either!

like chris, i was expecting a 2+ hour rice fest, but there were some scenes thrown into the mix for story. about the only scene i REALLY liked was that chick jamming ja rule's hand into her bra (yes, INTO).

other than that, the best scene was the explanation behind the garaged 1970 charger. that was one BADASS car! :nuts:

·
SCPOC/Probe GT Member
238 Posts
Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed the movie. I did say I was probably going to buy the DVD when it comes out. It exceeded my expectations by a long shot.

For the $8.50 & 2 hour investment, I think it was worth it. If you're a gearhead, go see the movie; it's not bad.

Now keeping that in mind, the race scenes were pretty good I thought, they threw in some fun new things (like NOS's path through the car :eek: ). But, the plot had some holes in it you could drive a semi through--oh wait, they did :D

It isn't the caliber of, say, Grand Prix or Le Mans, but on the other hand is far better than Driven and many, many others. Just go see the movie.

·
Mr. ATX Pimp - Mod.
194 Posts
I expected crap, then all my friends said it was awesome, so I expected a miracle...

in the end I got crap. It was an 'ok' movie, but nothin' special...

·
Big Daddy
357 Posts
Welp.. i finally saw the movie last night.. I thought it kicked asss.. very cool flick.. just gives me ton's of ideas for my car :D:D:D.. i'm actually going to see it again tonight..

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
tony95pgt said:
Welp.. i finally saw the movie last night.. I thought it kicked asss.. very cool flick.. just gives me ton's of ideas for my car :D:D:D.. i'm actually going to see it again tonight..
Hell yea. You da man! :nuts: Finally someone... :cool:

·
Grand Muckety Muck
710 Posts
The Charger was badass...the rest....well, it was better than expected. It was much better than Driven. (ugh...I still get shivers...in a bad way)

The Lightning was cool too.:thumbup:

1 - 20 of 34 Posts