Ford Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
Joined
·
3,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up my parts that I ordered from my Ford dealer this morning. Scored the T-series snorkel, the Momo gear knob to go with the steering wheel, and the XR mats + boot liner.

The T-series snorkel is noticably bigger than the stock AUII 6 snorkel. Took it for a drive, and as you would expect, there wasn't a real noticable difference, but I did detect a slighty smoother hard acceleration, wasn't complaining so much up around 5krpm. Seemed to pick up a tad better when accelerating from 2.5-3.5krpm.

Just a nibble so far, but obviously more to come. Got some other little bits and pieces in the pipeline.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
3,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
XLR8 said:
What is the XR boot liner???????
It's a moulded black lining for the AU II (and I?) boot. I tend to carry stuff in my boot that's a little nasty on carpet, so I got that to keep the carpet in good nick.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,316 Posts
Maybe you could try one of the finer filter air cleaner elements... they are supposed to aid in the never ending quest for power and aren't really a modification... dunno if a boot liner will make it go faster

Jeff
 

·
Sideways..
Joined
·
1,652 Posts
Venom S said:

I tend to carry stuff in my boot that's a little nasty on carpet, so I got that to keep the carpet in good nick.
yeah man, bodies leave awful stains on the carpet hey ;)
 

·
Read Only
Joined
·
1,395 Posts
XLR8 said:
What is the XR boot liner???????
That's the item that the Ford dealer tried to flog out of my car when I bought it. Said it wasn't part of the car...crap I said. It was there when I tested it, so it's part of the car!! I didn't leave and started to get pretty loud until they went and got a new one from parts.
It's saved the carpet in my car a few times.
Russell.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
3,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
XF Falcon said:
yeah man, bodies leave awful stains on the carpet hey ;)
Sshhh.... ;)
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
3,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
XA coupe said:
Maybe you could try one of the finer filter air cleaner elements... they are supposed to aid in the never ending quest for power and aren't really a modification... dunno if a boot liner will make it go faster

Jeff
Yeah, filter, airbox mods and mandrel bent intake pipe should sort out the intake side of things.

I did some runs with and without the boot liner today, and I'm sure i could detect an extra 3-5kW with it in! :D
 

·
T5 Expert Operator
Joined
·
6,540 Posts
Venom S said:


Yeah, filter, airbox mods and mandrel bent intake pipe should sort out the intake side of things.

I did some runs with and without the boot liner today, and I'm sure i could detect an extra 3-5kW with it in! :D
LOL yeah what it is, is the internal boot down force type thing. :p :p :p :p
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
3,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
EF_Falcon_GuY said:
LOL yeah what it is, is the internal boot down force type thing. :p :p :p :p
Yeah, the extra weight of the plastic aided launches. ;)
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
5,809 Posts
Venom S said:


Yeah, the extra weight of the plastic aided launches. ;)
So what you meant to say is that it gives you 3 to 5 hundeths of a second over the 1/4 mile, not 3 to 5 more killowats ;) :p unless of course that plastic helps keep the fuel cooler to give some sort of power increase due to a higher density of fuel :rolleyes: ;)
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
3,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
DONUT KING said:
So what you meant to say is that it gives you 3 to 5 hundeths of a second over the 1/4 mile, not 3 to 5 more killowats ;) :p unless of course that plastic helps keep the fuel cooler to give some sort of power increase due to a higher density of fuel :rolleyes: ;)
Both! ;)
 

·
Ford Enhancement Specialist
Joined
·
399 Posts
mods

i can offer you a full exhaust system for xr6.will give you 15 kw at rear wheels.comes with all mandrel bent ceramic coated headers/high flow sports cat/stainless steel 2.5 inch system.this set up was designed and tested by us.and avaliable only from us.i can fax you dyno sheets with before/after graphs
 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Top