Ford Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Banned
2,631 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, my car's lowered 2" front and back but i want another inch taken out the rear. i know i'll scrape its guts out everywhere i go but i just don't like the look of the car like this.

the current setup is koni shocks with whiteline springs. the car handles just fine, and this would be purely for the sake of aesthetics. what would be the cheapest way (considering safety and legality of it to an extent) to take another inch out the rear without buying new springs and shocks?

thanks in advance!

·
Registered
5,316 Posts
considering legality you are probably close to or over the limit now .. not only do you have to worry about actual ride height, but if you are in vic you need to retain 2/3 or your suspension travel too.
If you got the dough, a way of making it look better without lowering it further is go up an inch or so in wheel diameter ..looks better, handles better etc etc and doesn't draw as much attention
If it;'s too low you will scrape on everything .. its your car scraping away on the road..

·
Registered
3,023 Posts
Cheapest way would be a bag of cement in the boot...;)

·
Banned
2,631 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
nah, i don't think it's illegal right now. i've seen plenty of AUs driving around and they were dumped on their ass! i don't mind stiff suspension at all! i love it! if i wanted cushy ride, i'd buy a fairlane...

so yeah, an inch HAS to go - if i get defected, i guess i'll have to bring the rear back up a bit, but i'll worry about that later on! :D

·
ex-Ford owner
519 Posts
How about a pair of good ole' fashioned lowering blocks, or thickers ones if you're already using them. Not something I'd probably do though...

·
Registered
82 Posts
bag of sand in boot is my thoughts too. when cops pull u over (if and when they do) just say you've got a dead body in boot and the car sits higher, but your just on your way to the bridge to throw it over.

on the other hand.. could u get your springs re sprung? lol

·
Turbo Pilot
85 Posts
I'm with XA coupe, there are other things you can do to make it look low. Skirts and deep spoilers together with big wheels will make it look like a hovercraft if done right, you just need to look at the ricers to see this, or an old XY Falcon with and without the GT bib spoiler at the front. Especially if its only the look you are after. A car that is too low is a nasty thing, not only is it really annoying for scrapes and damage, but it will do HORRID things to handling if it is too low/hard and has not got enough travel in the suspension.

·
Two SC 61's = trouble
6,360 Posts
ANY BODY WANT 80 kg thay can have it!!! Haha

I couldn't tell you how many time's I'v beat'n lowered cars for they have to stop to go over small bumps or full off the road, then try to race me again,mainly rice boys tho..
Agree with Aztech

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
Spend $80 - $100 on a set of springs! Maybe you might find some used ones at a wrecker a bit cheaper.

·
Banned
2,631 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i'll have a talk to bob from whiteline when the time comes... cuz i'll want to do it the same time i do the swaybars.

thanks guys!

·
Two SC 61's = trouble
6,360 Posts
Nice car! you'r right it does look high esp the back.New springs r the go!! imo

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
I reckon it's got a nice rake. But I agree for you some lower springs might be the answer. Are you current ones 'super low'?

·
Banned
2,631 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
EA S

HAHAHAHAHA

looks good! i think i might for that! cheap, effective and i reckong the car will look GREAT! :D

ftefan

yeah, it's got rake and thats what i don't like about it. i don't like rake at all! i like front and back to be low.

ebxr8

well thank you! i like my car too! A LOT! hehe
it'll look even better when i get those gorgeous 17" AU1 wheels!

·
Australian Ford Member
1,120 Posts
Re: low

jamesa said:
EA S do you have that kit on yours? how does it work?
I put it one wheel once by accident. I don't know how it works because it's too technical for me.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts