• Sixth Generation 2015-up

Votes: 2 0.4%
  • Mach-E 2020 - present

Votes: 0 0.0%
21 - 40 of 158 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Dang.. you guys are makin me feel bad about my car.... I've got a '93 LX w/ 2.3L 4 cylinder... yea, that's right, they make em w/ fours.... Pretty much stock except for new exhaust.... pulled the LX off... looks and sounds fast.... slower than a ricer with an automatic tho...

·
Registered
10,552 Posts
ahh nothing to be ashamed of. You can always do things to your car to make it better. Yes I know, 4cyl, but there are tricks and mods.

Or even better. Swap in a 351. :p

·
Still Dazed and Confused
473 Posts
67 coupe
93 5.0 HO
AOD Tranny
Woodgrain Doors (instead of vinyl)
Custom Headlining
Discs all round
Many new interior mods to come

Driveable - TBA

·
Old Ford Fan
340 Posts

heres a pic of my poor mustang...its been sitting out(covered) since july, (when I started working on a 65 galaxie that turned into a nightmarish amount of work) had been sitting engineless inside since 1984 when I pulled the 302 out, opting to put in a 69 429 I have- it came from an ex cop car my mom bought way back in 1974 or so... hard to believe its been sitting 20 years now, but think I'll finally be able to start redoing it this coming spring- if I ever get that darn Galaxie done...I always loved the fastbacks, and the Acapulco Blue was my favorite color too- when I saw this one I had to get it- even the 'chevy lovers' commented on how much they liked it. One of the last times I drove it, was dropping off my girlfriend at work, and this little girl about 6-7 years old that was walking from the restaurant with her mom, ran over to the window looked in and said 'gee mister- neat car'...made me feel like I was 10 feet tall...
I got this car from its original owner in 1982 or 83, she had gotten it as a highschool graduation present! musta been nice.

·
Registered
4 Posts
85 GT(striper version), fun when the secondarys opened, 90LX Loaded with aftermarket part, fun to drive, very fast, even rode good with aftermarket suspension, wouldn't stop worth a damn!!

·
Ford Appreciation Society
3,666 Posts
Fordqirl said:
'67 coupe

It actually belongs to my brother, but I'll claim ownership on here

Any chance of seeing some pics of your(brothers!) '67 coupe???

·
Registered
1 Posts
My dream I guess would be a white '77 MustangII w/ a V6, what can I say, that was my first car when I was 15. I kick myself everyday for trading it in for '82 Mustang w/ a 4 banger.

·
Registered
2 Posts
FordTech said:
88-GT here.I can not however,lean towards any 1 era of stangs.I love them ALL :beer2:
I feel the same way you do... I LOVE THEM ALL!!! i currently own a Red 2002 Mustang GT however before this i had a 1995 GT (5.0) it was stolen and was totaled which is why i have my new pony. but i can't choose a favorite, i love them all!! :shag:

·
Newbie Alert!
17 Posts
I recently imported from Miami, Florida the car you see in my signature.

Obviously, I'm very proud of it. Being my first post here on the messageboard and all, I'll try and be subdued and humble and all that sorta stuff (smile).

The vehicle is currently in the last 2 days or so of Qld Compliance issues before being officially registered. I had to spend $1945 with the Queensland Transport Dept, and I also had to request a written exemption by the Transport Minister himself to get the super duper plates which said "GT350". Apparently, 2 letters and 3 numbers is set aside 100% of the time for motorcycles - no exceptions. Save for this time. The plates are white lettering on maroon background. They should match the appearance of the vehicle sweet as.

The number of issues involved in registering a privately imported car in Queensland can be almost heartbreaking. It seems like every time you make a phone call, another $1500 bill lights up. I'm sure it will subside, but for now my wife is giving me some very pained looks I assure you!

One of the compliance issues was a real bitch. The interior of the car is a simply gorgeous colour matching Pony interior which follows the Scarlett Red and White Le Mans striping all the way from the front to the back. Ultra sexy stuff and the car is a genuine 55,000 miles - still immaculate inside. But there was no way around it... I had to fit 3 point retractable belts in the front which were butt ugly black, along with a pair of 3 point lap/sash of more butt ugly black in the back fold down bench. And to make matters worse, the engineers insisted on cutting into the interior fastback panels to mount the seat belt gear. Broke my heart it did. The entire interior was immaculate ivory white and scarlett red along with shiny chrome on the dash. Even the dash was colour co-ordinated. And now I've got these ugly, sinful black belts which had to be fitted because only THEY had the special ADR compliance tags. A sinful thing to do to such a classic car. And you pay through the nose of course for the privilige.

I see one of our moderators here has an avatar of the new '05 Mustang in front of the 66 Shelby GT350. Well that red car in the background is MY car - well not THE car but one of 1,500 odd exactly the same which were built in 1966. Well, to be perfectly accurate, the build date on my car was September '65 but it sat in Caroll Shelby's production line for 3 or 4 months before meeting the US Racing Car Club's homologation specs etc.

Man, there are so many stories I can tell you about what was involved in importing this car. It's an interesting tale to say the least. Suffice to say, it was really filthy when it finally arrived after 3 months at sea going via every port in the world it seemed like. (And it looked like every filthy wharfie in the world sat in the bloody car too). But after 10 days of very expensive, world class detailing, the true beauty and immaculate nature of the car came out.

I'm really proud of it. It's just such a total buzz to own one of the most famous cars ever made. I promise to have photos soon if anyone is interested.

Thanks for letting me join the messageboard by the way! I have heaps of technical questions which I'm sure you'll enjoy pondering!

·
Registered
7,859 Posts
<--------- I guess your talking about my avatar. :angel: :s2:

Welcome to the Forums. I can't belive you had to go through all that red tape for your Mustang. I hope you enjoy your 66 Shelby.

·
Ford Appreciation Society
3,666 Posts
Boo Boo Foo,

Sorry to hear all that hassle you went through with QLD Transport... I'm suprised, as I was never asked that when my car was inspected by the motor registry mob here in the ACT, when it was transfered in to my name, and I still run the original seat belts all through the car. Would they let you delete the back seat and run 4 point harnesses??

Congrats on the win with the number plate.

·
F-150 Member
12 Posts
I have a 2001 bullitt, black on black. I love it

·
Registered
48 Posts
1985 LX coupe, special ordered with 5.0 H.O., five speed. Recently passed 200,000 on the clock and getting a bit unsafe to drive due to unibody rust. Figure it has to last until I can get a down payment on an 05.

And by the way, I'll go for a V-6 this time. Only reason I special ordered the "special duty" (aka "Highway Patrol) package was because I would have added about $1000 suspension mods to a six cylinder car to bring it up to my driving style. I like my cars to drive like a "Touring Saloon", not fast but QUICK through the corners.

Speaking of which, whose *&*&$# idea was it to use six cylinder BRAKES on the 85 5.0 H.O.'s??? Had mine two weeks before first asking myself if the punny brakes could stop me at the speed I was traveling.

And since this vehicle turned 19 last week you can probably giess that I have been happy (except for the brakes and cooling system which has had more repairs that all the cars I've owned since I turned 16.) Ordered a duplicate in 89, looked at both parked side-by-side, figured I'd be better off with the oldr, and better looking 85. Ironically the 89 ended up in a driveway a mile from my house. It was destroyed three years later through daily aggressive driving.

I don't drive fast, just QUICK.

·
Registered
7,859 Posts
Thats a good looking 69 Mustang you have there Trigger.

21 - 40 of 158 Posts