Ford Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The talk about a high performance V10 that has been suggested as a powerplant for the GTHO has surfaced and is now reality.
For those who have bought February 04 Wheels, turn to page 14 and check out the Ford Shelby Cobra, seen at the Detroit Motor Show. It has 6.4 litres of Ford V10 pumping out 450kW. :AAHHH: No other details are known but it is out there in the flesh.
Will we see it in the GTHO? FPV don't have the gonads to do it.

·
Registered
2,588 Posts
Hellooooo can of worms.

Can't wait to see what DK has to say!

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
No a V10 BA IS going to happen. Me mate's, girlfriend's, sister's, boyfriend's, uncle's, son's, mate's, uncle works at Ford and his mate at ford said that he heard someone at the plant talking about the V10 and they said that they saw the a BA Falcon mule with a V10 Supercharged DOHC and said that it was definatly going to happen. :1poke:

The V10 in the Cobra looks like a great engine but i dont think it will make it to production though. Ive read somewhere that they want to build the Cobra but with the same engine as the Ford GT (40). Should be a quick car whatever engine they choose.

·
bsmyth said:
No a V10 BA IS going to happen. Me mate's, girlfriend's, sister's, boyfriend's, uncle's, son's, mate's, uncle works at Ford and his mate at ford said that he heard someone at the plant talking about the V10 and they said that they saw the a BA Falcon mule with a V10 Supercharged DOHC and said that it was definatly going to happen. :1poke:
dont stir that can!

·
Can't wait for Winton...
2,759 Posts
If they use the V10, they'd have to entirely redesign the front of the car for crash testing - think tens of millions here - for a couple of hundred cars. Not gonna happen.

·
Registered
162 Posts
XR8BOSS said:
The v10 is going to happen.It was in the news papers yesterday.6.4l 450 kw.
cost under $130000.
$130k? for that power? The weight of it will make it as fast as a GTS. Just get an XR8 + Herrod Blower + Exhaust and save the rest of the $$$ for a house.

The V10 GTHO rumour is like the turd that does not flush! haha. :jester:

·
YES its a 5 Speed!!
2,242 Posts
face it ppl... not gonna happen

·
Mr Photoshop
1,155 Posts
The only way i could see that engine make it's way into a Falcon, it would be around 2010 and that's if it ever makes production.

·
Registered
610 Posts
When I was at FPV a couple of weeks ago, I did see what I thought was two V10 engines sitting on the floor out the back. They were with the race cars, in that area. I could be wrong, but I dunno.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
So now the Ford V10 can be made up from 5.8L (351), 6.4L, 6.8L and 7.3L - which one do we want for the GTHO? And Pursuit HO (and maybe the new TL70)??? or Fairlane G500

·
Blue Blooded Ford Man
1,619 Posts
God damn, if Ford could put a 351 cubic inch engine, in a GTHO Falcon, it would be a shit hot car.

Stop it. Stop bring this subject up. There will be no V10.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts