Ford Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
3,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just had these developed recently. Venom S and Venom XR.

·
T5 Expert Operator
6,540 Posts
Mate the XR is definitly beaut, but the EA is not that bad at all, the wheels suite the EA. Should keep her as a second car mate, surely the 120kw 3.9L can be revived.

:cool:

·
Banned
3,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was actually thinking of keeping the EA, letting the rego run out and slowing working it at as a serious project car. Turf the ****ty CFI 6, and look for a 5l to throw in it. :D

·
T5 Expert Operator
6,540 Posts
Venom S said:
I was actually thinking of keeping the EA, letting the rego run out and slowing working it at as a serious project car. Turf the ****ty CFI 6, and look for a 5l to throw in it. :D
Nah mate, trust me after you get the Work Horse WakeUp files next time i see you, you'll change your mind. Those little hairdryers do wonders on the Inline6. Get the CFi 3.9 balanced & Blue Printed and an RB25 Turbo and i'm sure you'll get an easy 160kw at the wheels.
:D :D :D

Then you can race your mate in the VR SS. :nuts: :nuts:

·
Banned
3,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
EF_Falcon_GuY said:
Nah mate, trust me after you get the Work Horse WakeUp files next time i see you, you'll change your mind. Those little hairdryers do wonders on the Inline6. Get the CFi 3.9 balanced & Blue Printed and an RB25 Turbo and i'm sure you'll get an easy 160kw at the wheels.
:D :D :D

Then you can race your mate in the VR SS. :nuts: :nuts:
I picked up Zoom 39 (came with Zoom 31) so I've got a bit of a peak at the Turbo setup. For the XR, I'm thinking the supercharger is the go for that. As for the EA, the CFi donk is DEAD, 286000+k's, and it's ready for engine heaven though if I keep it I'll be wanting to see 300,000 click over. :D Perhaps if it was MPFi a rebuild might be the go, but the CFi isn't worth it really, and I may as well go a 5.0L.

If think if I keep the EA, I'll rip all the guts out and spend free weekends with my GF's old man (ex-panel beater) stripping it back, getting rid of any rust, straighting up the panels, etc. Gives me months to think about a new colour, and even longer to think about the engine&driveline combo.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts