Ford Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Fearsome Buccaneer
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I received my 2nd ticket in early October.

The court date was in late October. Nearly a month.

I didn't have to pay until late November. Another month.

Almost mid-way through December (yesterday), I receive a letter in the mail instructing me to attend a meeting with a driving counselor to discuss my driving record. :rolleyes:

This isn't scheduled until January 3rd. Another month.

So basically three months after I receive the ticket and paid for it well on time, they still want to inflict some sort of further punishment on me. Seems pretty pointless after about the first few weeks, I'd say.

I hate Oregon driving laws and I'm going to be quite pissed off if they truly feel as though they need to restrict my license for something so insignificant as 12 mph over the posted speed, the fine for which was even reduced in court.

The "system" is too slow, IMO. If someone is going to be punished for doing something wrong, lets get it over with, rather than letting things go as normal for months at a time and then suddenly bringning it back up.

/end rant.

·
Big Poppa
441 Posts
Screw the system....
I hate Ohio cops because they get big squads cruisers lined up with one guy clocking people and the rest of the squad cars pulling people over... What kind of BS is that?
They caught me just recently
$96 and a $20 fee because I bounced the check.... I bounced a check to the Akron Municipal Courts... Damn.... And the worst part is I never bounce checks!

·
Probe Owner
475 Posts
not commenting on the VA/NC cops.. :angry: :bash:

·
Probe GT Member
32 Posts
Yes the system is too damn slow...try waiting 6 years for a law suit regarding someone you loves death to be over, and then after waiting the 3 years for the trial, the 3 years for the decision and FINALLY having an answer waiting another 6 months and counting for reparation. That truly sucks because it is still not over.

·
Big Daddy
357 Posts
driving counsler ???? hahah.. they don't have anything like that here.. if you get 5 tickets in a year. you loose your license for 6 months (first time- longer if you do it again. ) the only time you have to go to court for a ticket is if you don't pay it or the ticket is for more than 20 over the posted.. unless that is you want to go to court for the ticket.

·
Fearsome Buccaneer
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah...unfortunately OR decided to instate some new "under-age" driving laws about 2 years ago. If you're under 18 you have to have your permit for 6 months before you can get your license...then after you get your license you have to wait 6 months before you can legally drive with anyone else NOT in your family, then after that 6 months you can't have more than 3 people not in your family.

And if you get three tickets before your 18th birthday your license is taken away until then. I've gotten two, unfortunately. So now I have to meet with a driving counselor to discuss my record. They're going to try to either restrict it or send me to traffic school, I believe.

I'm really hoping it'll be a one-on-one talk with this dude. I can be far more persuasive talking to one person than I can in a room full of people each waiting their turn...

·
Grand Muckety Muck
710 Posts
The problem with the system is that it is far too overloaded to act with any quickness. And you cannot expand the system and hire on new people to alleviate the overflow of people because then everybody gets angry that "the Man" has too much power and there is too much tax $$$ being spent on government agencies, etc.

It's a catch 22, you're damned if ya do and you are damned if ya don't. It sucks.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts