Ford Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Formerly EAII_Fairmont
917 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, as of Tuesday next week, I will no longer be eligible to be a member of the E-series Owners Club :(

I have traded my 1992 Fairmont in on an 2000 AUII Forte, which I pick up on Tuesday. I got a GREAT deal on my car, I got $4650 trade in on my EBII Fairmont with 166K's. So all up the AU is costing me $10,350, which isn't a bad price for country NSW. The AU is schmick as, I love the black interior!

The EB has been a great car and would recommend them to anyone! I have decided to upgrade now while I can still get something for my current car. Mind you it only cost me $5000 with my EA as trade-in. Hopefully, the AU will bring a few years of reliable, comfortable motoring.

·
cArSiK
1,249 Posts
good stuff EAII , AU's are great cars , esp the AUII.....

are you planning on leaving it stock?

Cheers
James

·
Formerly EAII_Fairmont
917 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, for the moment, unfortunately I'll be pretty broke paying off the loan for the bloody thing! And insurance is going to cost me about $1000 a year.

I test drove it today and they are just so nice to drive! The EB is a magnificent car to drive as well, but the AU just doesn't compare!!! It doesn't have all the little extras my car has like cruise, climate control and all that, but it still has power windows. I'm sure I'll manage to get used to it! lol

·
Registered
5,083 Posts
Yeah AU's certainly are good, dunno bout the interiour though :p

Congrats on the purcahse, I'm sure you'll love it!

·
400 kg ego
6,188 Posts
Congrats on the upgrade matey, the AUs are beautifully engineered cars. And you'd even still qualify as a member, we can bend the rules (6).

·
Formerly EAII_Fairmont
917 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sounds great Jack!! Thanks heaps! I love the AU so far, just hope it proves to be a good car.

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
another one leaving my god ;)
good luck with the AU, they're great to drive!

·
Formerly EAII_Fairmont
917 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I will post pics as soon as I pick it up. It's nothin special, just a bog stock company car! lol

·
Formerly: SmokeEA
1,117 Posts
Congratulations on the AU. I was considering one for my next car, i still might get one if the bank will allow it, other wise, 5ltr, 5spd, EF Fairmont, here i come.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts