Ford Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
HO V6 XR5i
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looks like I'll be leaving to Virginia a bit earlier. Instead of leaving the 1st of August, I'm leaving the 28th of July. This gives me more time at home with my family. I'm leaving Saturday around 4 or 5 PM and driving straight through the night and next day. Then I'll sleep the 2nd night, then keep going the next day. I should get home that day, real late at night or early the next morning. I can't wait!!!!!

All my car needs is to have the tires inflated correctly, fluid in the MTX, replace some burnt bulbs in the rear, and change some filters and oil. I'll do this Friday. Saturday morning final checks, pack the trunk and I'm outta here!!!!

·
1FABP31U7PK124598
9 Posts
Have a nice trip bro. I hope it will be different than with those assh*le army cops. Have fun and take care.

Marzocchi

·
Topaz Member
100 Posts
Texas cops

If you take the north route and go I-40 east.. be careful going through the little part of Texas that you go through. Texas State Troopers are pricks.

·
HO V6 XR5i
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Route

Thanks for the heads up bro! Yea, we're going north on 54 until we cross I40, then heading straight east. We'll be on I-40 most of the way across the country until we hit 85, then make a few jumps until we hit I-264 (or I-64). I'll have the radar on with the sensitivity turned up all the way. I'll be sniffin out those good ole texas troopers over a mile away, but I'll be careful through there. This will be my longest road trip and I'm extremely anxious to see my folks. Time just slowly crawwwwllllssssss by.....:sleeping:

·
Topaz Member
100 Posts
54??

Just my .02 on your trip.. you'll probably save a little bit of time if you were to take 70 instead of 54. You take 70 up through Ruidoso, Roswell and on up to Clovis. It is a much prettier drive than 54. Plus, you can stop off at Cannon AFB in Clovis and top off your gas tank at the less expensive military gas station. Then, from Clovis, go east towars Texico. In Texico, take Highway 60 to Canyon Tx. From Canyon, take Interstae 27 up to Amarillo and pick up I-40 there.

Just my thoughts from driving all around that state many many times.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts