Ford Forums banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Pursuit Reincarnation Dog
7,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those who haven't been following our planning, Ford Discovery Centre is offering to organise some real juicy things for us if we go to the Cockroach state :wink2: (Victoria).

The idea goes something like this:

- everyone meet at Geelong or something like that
- tour of Broadmeadows plant
- tour of Tickford
- tour of Ford Discovery Centre
- (optional) big piss up and feed

- maybe we can weasel a tour of Herrod or some other crowd who has juicy stuff for sale :p

Many think this is a great idea. I'm one of them!

So, I think we can rule out August (I'm getting married) and I think it was HSE2 that's going OS. The plant is out of bounds for May, and I'll be damned if I want to go to Melbourne in winter!!!!

So, I think we should look at September. Late September would be ideal, but it has to be during the week. I will hopefully have the new XR8 in time.

What does everyone reckon????

(For history, look at 'Craig Lowndes Merchandise' thread)

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
Aussie Pete said:
- (optional) big piss up and feed

So, I think we should look at September. Late September would be ideal, but it has to be during the week. I will hopefully have the new XR8 in time.
Scratch that... Big piss up and feed is not optional, it's mandatory... :D

September's no good for me. From 21 August to 2 October I'll be in England hopefully driving Mondeo's and Focus's while catching foot 'n mouth disease!!... Hang on... I think I've already got that!!... :eek:
Any other time is good for me, all I need is a cuppla weeks notice to let the boss know I'm gone for a few days and to let the family know I'm coming down so they can stock the fridge up with carlton... :evil:

·
Old Car:BA XR6 New: 97 EL
1,031 Posts
Oh **** yeah..
COUNT ME IN!!!!

When was this being planned? I knew nothing about it!
Any time of year is COOL for me... Just need to give the boss a bit of notice!!

Yeah. Now this is exciting stuff. Thanks guys!!
Good chance for all us BON/FordForum people to finally meet up!

·
Registered
3,023 Posts
You can count me in! Sounds like an Awesome idea. Dont really care when though, butI doubt we'll find a date thats suitable for everyone though :(

T

·
0 Posts
I agree with Ford Man.
Pissup and food is mandatory, hell lets just have the Pissup at the local, and Ford can come to us. They can show us what they have to offer, if it's no good, then we'll take a leak on them.

Besides the sun does'nt do wonders for my complexion.

BUT....!!!!!! Seriously though, lets make this happen, dont just waffle on like a commodore owner. Put me down for the trip so I can organise some drinkies for the drive down.

DAY 1
SHOPPING LIST.

1 X 1125 Jack
1 x 1125 Jack
2 x 6 pack Jack cans
that takes me to campbelltown

MUNCHIES

2 X 6 pack Jack
1 X 1125 Jack

there everthing is set, oh may need some pussy to drive the woody mobile.

·
Mistress Death Metal ;)
1,372 Posts
This new thread is so much easier, thanks.

You would have to spend at least two days in Vic. One would be in Melbourne visiting Broadmeadows Production Line and Tickford, the other in Geelong at the Engine & Stamping Plant and Ford Discovery Centre.

Doc, you will be pleased to hear that the Discovery Centre is only a short stumbling distance from three pubs. Two offer great cheap meals, the third offers ....err ....entertainment. ;)

As I have mentioned tours of the Broadmeadows site are only available on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays. The Geelong plant I can arrange for any weekday as long as it isn't and RDO, PDO or shutdown time, and the Discovery Centre is open every day except Tuesday. The tractor trains at the plants carry a maximum of 35 per tour but they are currently being upgraded and by the time you get here we should have two running at each plant.

Parking won't be a problem either. There is plenty of parking at the plants and when you get to the Discovery Centre we can have a few of you park your cars either side of the front entrance as an extra display. We also have free three hour parking spaces directly opposite the front entrance, and an all day park right behind the building.

I will keep reading this link and will book the tours as soon as a suitable date is suggested.

:cool:

·
Registered
10,560 Posts
ok.....

Pardon my ignorance here. I am from the states, but I have to ask what in the H3ll is a piss up?

Is that a...as we call in the states a sh!tter?

Or ????

I am freaking lost on this one.

:)

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
Discovery said:
...only a short stumbling distance from three pubs. Two offer great cheap meals, the third offers ....err ....entertainment. ;)
Sounds good... ;) Do they have counter meals too??... :rolleyes:

OK. Lets get a time of year when everyones available then worry about exact dates later... As Big Kev would say "I'm Excited"... :D

T

·
0 Posts
I am available anytime of the year. as long as the pubs are open. any one else from syd or the mountains wanta cruise down together in one car..

I'll take the Pig for a ride, she needs a blowout......

Discovery, my man or woman or whatever you are,
can you define stumbling distance for me.

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
Just an idea, but for those of us north of the border we could all meet up in Gundagai or Albury and form a convoy down the hume... now that would be a sight!!... :D

T

·
0 Posts
LunaticSS

in simple terms so you understand, Im an ex-us army, from california, so you will know what Im saying when, we shall be surrounded by approximately 4000 dead marines....ha-ha-ha-ha.

T

·
0 Posts
Sorry FM.
A dead marine is the term used for an empty beer bottle. It started when army versed navy, in war games. To keep spirits up, it was alway's easy to say when you finished drinking "ah there goes a dead marine". the more marines you conquered the better you felt. bit of a morale booster...

1 - 20 of 56 Posts
About this Discussion
55 Replies
18 Participants
Aussie Pete
Ford Forums
Ford Forum is a community to discuss all things Ford. Check out our discussions on the Ford Escape, Mustang, Edge, F-150, Raptor, Explorer, Focus, Fusion, Fiesta and more!
Full Forum Listing