Ford Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Pursuit Reincarnation Dog
7,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Another trip to Tickford (Tony is getting sick of me).

The XR has been through the XR line, exhaust, wheels etc. Today it was lined up for the sunroof (I didn't want to see them cutting the roof.....) and then it's simply bodykit and brakes.

It was GREAT to see the baby in the metal! And don't those 220s sound SSWWWEEEEETTTT!

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
Aussie Pete said:
Another trip to Tickford (Tony is getting sick of me).

The XR has been through the XR line, exhaust, wheels etc. Today it was lined up for the sunroof (I didn't want to see them cutting the roof.....) and then it's simply bodykit and brakes.

It was GREAT to see the baby in the metal! And don't those 220s sound SSWWWEEEEETTTT!
Lucky guy. You rightfully sound excited:cool:

·
7,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
DONUT KING said:
And then off to Herrods ;) :D
And DK is obviously paying! (Because I don't have the money right now)

·
Australian AUII XR8 Member
153 Posts
Sounds great.

Sounds like your getting a very nicely equipped car, Sunroof premium brakes etc.

Would have liked to get the Premium brake package on mine, but the $$$'s only go so far.

So it sounds like around 10 days from stamping panels to leaving tickford, would that be about right ?.

Got any pictures or how about a .wav file of the thing being fired up.

Just sitting back here drooling

·
7,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Pictures are on the way (c'mon Tony - figured that software out yet ;) ). As for .wav - that technology is beyond me!

There will be some VERY interesting pictures in a couple of weeks (stay tuned).

·
In a blue Galaxy
5,716 Posts
Never realised how good the XR8 looked in Navy blue. Ive been in a black one and I must say it looks better then silver to me (AUII) but with the AUI I would only get it black becasue that unnecessary double spoiler only came in black which didnt look too good on a Silver or red Xr

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
Cobra said:
Never realised how good the XR8 looked in Navy blue.
There's one out the front of Gregory's in Canberra and it's not Galaxy but it is a metallic blue. Slightly lighter in colour to galaxy and kinda like the FTR blue.. (kinda) Damn sexy too.. :D

·
153 Posts
Ford Man said:

There's one out the front of Gregory's in Canberra and it's not Galaxy but it is a metallic blue. Slightly lighter in colour to galaxy and kinda like the FTR blue.. (kinda) Damn sexy too.. :D
That sounds like "Narooma" blue.

That is the color that I have ordered, will post some pics after I get the car.

·
7,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I was going to get the black (had actually ordered it) and polish the wheels. They look great but the black paint lacks durability (and I'm becoming a lazy old fart).

XR8220:
Yours must be real close now! Mine's about three weeks away as at 10th July :(

·
153 Posts
Aussie Pete said:
XR8220:
Yours must be real close now! Mine's about three weeks away as at 10th July :(
Aussie Pete, should be arriving at the Dealer tomorrow (Thursday)

So I hope to pick it up early next week :D :D

·
7,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
XR8220 said:
Aussie Pete, should be arriving at the Dealer tomorrow (Thursday)

So I hope to pick it up early next week :D :D
Mine's back at Ford Broadmeadows. Should be out of there again today or more likely tomorrow.

BTW; Tickford Tony is doing a great job keeping me updated. Try getting that out of Holden!

·
153 Posts
I guess if you have to have a delay it's better now than later ....

Tony was great in keeping me upto date with where the car was. It was great to come in of a morning to find a message with the current status of the car. Certainly keeps the anticipation level up!.

My son reckons that I am the one behaving like an impatient teenager.:eek:

·
T5 Expert Operator
6,540 Posts
Geeez you guys are must be happy camper to get the latest and greatest XR8 220kw. Hmm me has to wait a loooooong time. :(

Farout that new Navy Blue XR looks the goods, gotta see it in real life. Anyone know what other new colours are available???????

·
7,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
My car finally left Ford / Tickford today (16th July). Due at the next stop tomorrow but I won't hold my breath until I see it there (if you get my drift).

How's yours XR8220?

·
153 Posts
Aussie Pete said:
My car finally left Ford / Tickford today (16th July). Due at the next stop tomorrow but I won't hold my breath until I see it there (if you get my drift).
So I gather it's got another stop along the way then, sounds interesting ;)

How's yours XR8220?
Picked mine up tonight:D :D :D :D :D

Have really only got as far as driving to the Petrol station to put some "Synergy" in it, and then to home. But car just really looks great. Haven't yet used more than 2500 revs (Got to run the driver in yet!), but feels very willing. But even in the short drive the handling seems fantastic, car sits nice and flat.

Just a pity I've got to go to work for the rest of the week, but I guess I got pay for it now. :(

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
XR8220 said:
COOL!!!.. Details man, details!!.. Good onya son. You must be stoked. Boy do I wish I was in your shoes right about now! :D

·
7,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
XR8220 said:
Just a pity I've got to go to work for the rest of the week, but I guess I got pay for it now. :(
Gee, haven't I been a patient bastard?????
I ordered mine at least three weeks before you and I'm still waiting..... DOH!

WE WANT PHOTOS SON! ASAP!
(preferably with smoke pouring off Dunlop SP9000s...)

·
153 Posts
Will get pictures etc, but it may take a week or two.

Won't have time (or daylight hours) until at least the weekend. But that said I have only an "old technology" camera, and the last film I took waited 2 years to be developed. Although this one may be a little quicker in turn around. ;)

Car is great though only drive 100 Kms but more I drive it the more I like it. Hasn't got the 220Kw badges on it, I guess these will come later.

Bit harsh to take delivery before you when you ordered it 3 weeks earlier, but I'm happy. ;) Looking forward to hearing all the details about yours....

1 - 20 of 24 Posts