Ford Forums banner

61 - 80 of 107 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Fordy said:
My diff is already built and will be left the original length.

I'll still be able to fit 8 inch rims up back.
Fordy you're doing a great job :wnc: , and very different. You'll have no problems with fitting 8 inch rims, infact I my self have a XW and have fitted 8 inch rims with 10 inch tyres at rear with no problems. Eager to see her fully finnished. Keep up the work.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Fordy said:
Keeping them buddy, unless you want to swap them for a set of globes lol.
Fordy is you're XW a Fairmont???

·
Origi-Bulge (tm)
778 Posts
DAMN! that looks awesome. I can only hope my XY wagon looks half as good as that when its finished..

Top work, keep it up. I hope ill get to see it one day in the flesh...

·
Registered
285 Posts
Fordy said:
Sure is mate.
Kewl. :bigeyes:

Keep those badges as there becoming harder to find. Still got all mine except for the rear outer quarter panel [must have fallen off?] :AAHHH:

Should have known it was a Fairmont just you’re Aviator is distracting :angel:

·
Falcontastic.
6,039 Posts
Yes those chrome trim's are becoming very rare and very expensive,I've seen the wheel arch moulds sell for roughly $150 each, luckly I have two good set's sitting here at home.

·
Registered
285 Posts
galaxy xr8 said:
Yes those chrome trim's are becoming very rare and very expensive,I've seen the wheel arch moulds sell for roughly $150 each, luckly I have two good set's sitting here at home.
galaxy
Yep they sure are harder to come by! What about the rubber moldings for engine bay and boot? The other day I saw a steering wheel for XY, XW or GT go for $640 alone!!!
And an Original XW radio [ Super fringe their called I believe] that went for $350 alone!!! in good nik though.
Luckily I still have my radio.

·
Falcontastic.
6,039 Posts
mexw said:
galaxy
Yep they sure are harder to come by! What about the rubber moldings for engine bay and boot? The other day I saw a steering wheel for XY, XW or GT go for $640 alone!!!
And an Original XW radio [ Super fringe their called I believe] that went for $350 alone!!! in good nik though.
Luckily I still have my radio.
I would have paid that much for a GT s/w, I'm desperatly seeking one,the 8 track radio's sell for far more than that now.can anybody say over inflated.

·
Registered
285 Posts
galaxy xr8 said:
I would have paid that much for a GT s/w, I'm desperatly seeking one,the 8 track radio's sell for far more than that now.can anybody say over inflated.
Galaxy I agree with you very new too last one, has a more robust feel to it. It’s a three-spoked style steering wheel. Whoever I found another one with some work needed on it.
Here are the descriptions; and it’s at $290.00 at the moment.

falcon xw - xygt steering wheel in need of full restoration .plenty of cracks on the back and centre pad . no horn rubber , the badge is xa .

Unless you know how to restore it would make a great investment, just informing that’s all.

Cheers
Nick.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Hey fordy sorry for getting of topic. How is the XW coming out? Eager to see it finished. :wnc:

·
Falcontastic.
6,039 Posts
mexw said:
Galaxy I agree with you very new too last one, has a more robust feel to it. It’s a three-spoked style steering wheel. Whoever I found another one with some work needed on it.
Here are the descriptions; and it’s at $290.00 at the moment.

falcon xw - xygt steering wheel in need of full restoration .plenty of cracks on the back and centre pad . no horn rubber , the badge is xa .

Unless you know how to restore it would make a great investment, just informing that’s all.

Cheers
Nick.
Where is this one mate, is it on Ebay?.

·
Registered
285 Posts
galaxy xr8 said:
Where is this one mate, is it on Ebay?.
Sure was mate at ebay, i cant find it now? the auction must have finished before you responded.

galaxy are you looking for one? what else are you in need of their heaps of stuff their hard to find. I won a really mint condition 1969-71 XW-XY FALCON INTERIOR LIGHT FOMOCO (AS NEW) their.

61 - 80 of 107 Posts