Ford Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Mark VII Member
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I realy like the look of the SE's with the black on all the trim, makes the car look more mysterious and sleek!

has anyone tried this on thier LSC?

How should I prep the trim and bumpers?

What kind of black? I wouldn't think a high gloss would work

is there any chrome on a SE besides the grill (wich I want to paint)

I have looked at some of yalls cars like HTRDLNCN and FLA-LSCSE and I cant tell if that piece of trim that goes all the way down the car about knee high has a piece of chrome in it?

Trim around all windows
door handles
mirrors
moulding around wheel wells
around the lights in back
both bumpers
trunk key lock
door locks
and the grill
(I'll leave the hood ornament chrome):D

did I miss anything?

I'm assuming that these are all the same color black

Thanks for any input!
Have a great day,
Danny

F

·
0 Posts
Yes the chrome runs the length of the car.
Powder coating would be an option as it seems very hard to get the paint to stick to the original trim once plated.Flat black is what mine is.

·
Mark VII Member
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
is powder coating something I can do at home? I don't know of anyone ever trying that

as far as getting the paint to stick, I was going to take some fine sand paper to the chrome and rough it up a little bit(would this not be very wise)

I've never painted over chrome before but I did repaint the inside of my 65' Falcon and it came out very nice!!!

F

·
0 Posts
No powder coating at home is nearly impossible as it requires an oven and other special tools.You could paint it if you prep the metal right.

·
Mark VII member
44 Posts
i spray painted my grill. it worked quite well all i did was made sure i had all the wax off, ruffed it up a little with some steel wool, covered a good part of the car so it wouldnt stick anywhere else but the grill. i put 3 coats on and it looks great and no problems with it yet. :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts