Ford Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Saw one at the local FTE dealer. It was only a 6 but man it sounded sweet. I've said before I like my cars low key, still does't look to bad.

·
Bring Back the 24hr!!!
5,809 Posts
I'd rather suspension, brake and engine mods before I started on bodykits, gotta have the go to match the show or you're pretty quickly labelled a tosser.

·
2,153 Posts
You can buy these kits from here: http://www.fordperegrine.com/index.htm

On the weekend at one dealer they had a black and silver XR6s that at first glance had appeared to have both been riced up. They had actually been done up to look like a street versions of Lowndes car. They had basically swapped the front and rear bumpers, hood and bonnet between them. They put a large 'XR' sticker on the bottom of the front doors. They also had a two foot long contrasting Ford logo angled across the back doors like the Lowndes car. (Silver logo on the black car). I personally thought it was a bit of a wank.:thumbdown

·
Bring Back the 24hr!!!
5,809 Posts
Partsguy was telling me that he got a bloody transit van for his next work car (replacing a ute) and he's looking at getting it painted like lowndes car.

Then theres Doc, he's looking at doing the same, or at least he was.

I recon it'd look pretty cool if it was done right :cool:
The lasers that were painted in the team colours at Adelaide did :D

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
Personally I am not in favour of these body kit mods. Our local for dealer is famous for them and they look stupid. Try a white Futura with cobra strips up it.

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
HSE2 said:
Try a white Futura with cobra strips up it.
Some can go a bit overboard can't they... :rolleyes:
That must look bloody ordinary surely... :eek:

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
There is now a similar thread on BON with some people like the look of the car I described. Its not for me as those strips are for performance cars with big cred and the futura does not do it for me in this area (yet)

·
Nacho Nacho Man!
3,514 Posts
I agree with HSE2, Cobra strips on a Futura is almost blasphemy! :WH:

I've toyed with the idea of Cobra stripes on my white Falcon, but only after it's got the performance to be worthy of such decorations. I've decided if I do get them, they are going to be green (ala the old Goss specials...) instead of blue. I remember seeing a EB get the blue strip job (for the Ford boss at the time, if I remember) and I thought, there's no 351 under the bonnet - it's just not right.

For me, the stripes kind of tie in white the whole Venomous/Venom S thing. I'll have Venom S plates soon, the car's an S pak, and my label is called Venomous Records, and if you've seen my web site, it's mostly green - thus green cobra (snake) stripes on an S pak.:evil:

·
Bring Back the 24hr!!!
5,809 Posts
Where do these people get the idea that that might appeal to some buyers? it's just not right, no wonder they can't sell the product, the dealers make a slighly off looking car look even worse :eek:

T

·
0 Posts
if you think the kit is bad, go to the site and view the prices. the phase 3 kit is rediculous.

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
Yes I guess some guy might think it is the best thing going, so if he is happy I guess that is all that matters. One ford car that is no longer in the car yard and that has to be good.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
About this Discussion
30 Replies
11 Participants
Donut King
Ford Forums
Ford Forum is a community to discuss all things Ford. Check out our discussions on the Ford Escape, Mustang, Edge, F-150, Raptor, Explorer, Focus, Fusion, Fiesta and more!
Full Forum Listing