Ford Forums banner

1 - 20 of 109 Posts

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
hmm, only one of those pics works... but from what i can see in that pic, its one MEAN lookin AU! :D
get the rest of the pics workin mate :D

·
Banned
1,605 Posts
That looks like one hell of MEAN MACHINE.... that's maybe the best AU ive seen...

btw are those BA XR8 Badges on the bodykit?

·
FORD FREAK
257 Posts
Man that is one wicked looking AU XR8. I love it!!!!
I love cars that are all black and I really like that front spoiler.
Yeah I like the BA XR8 badges on the side skirts aswell...........NICE!!!!
Wheels look unreal.

·
boosted sleeper
4,560 Posts
Thats one bad, black looking beast you got there dude!

Nice job!

·
FF Moderator
2,202 Posts
Very nice Hoops,

Reminds me of my old machine with the SVO front (got to love those speed humps..lol) There is also another black XR8 like yours for sale at Jarvis Ford at Hillcrest in SA. It has the V8 supercar rear bumper and assembley as well and looks great.

·
boosted sleeper
4,560 Posts
I'll have to go check it out CDAA!

·
www.fpvxrclubact.com
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
CDAA said:
Very nice Hoops,

Reminds me of my old machine with the SVO front (got to love those speed humps..lol) There is also another black XR8 like yours for sale at Jarvis Ford at Hillcrest in SA. It has the V8 supercar rear bumper and assembley as well and looks great.
Saw the XR8 you are talking about at the FPV open day last year, and you are right is is a nice looking car.

·
boosted sleeper
4,560 Posts
CDAA said:
If its still there they were asking around $34k for it with 5 speed. It has BA GT rims as well.
Is it series 2 or 3? How many ks?

·
Just give me an excuse...
3,949 Posts
nice car buddy :hy: best color IMO. Jeez those rims really do suit the AU shape don't they?

·
Falcontastic.
6,039 Posts
Love the shadow chrome rim's mate they look great on Black,top job.

·
Registered
367 Posts
thats one hot looking AU.

·
Team Galaxy: Mad Bastard
2,847 Posts
Damn....I never knew the V8 supercar (RSPEC) front bar looked that good!!!! Top sutff mate....nice choice of colour and the Stalker allows suit the rest of the beast very well. I also see the new BA XR8 emblems on the side skirts...nice touch. Are those DBA Gold rotors (or do you have some biug muther brake system on yours too)?

Just curious, what rear bumper are you using and are the side skirts the ones off the T3 TS50 (coz they don't look like the Rebel kit)? Also, do you have any trouble with too much heat being drawn into the K&N filter since you don't have an airbox made up for it? Sorry for the questions. I am also using a K&N pod filter on my XR6 except it's connected to a 4" mandrel bent pipe which leads to a t04 snail on the left side of the engine bay (where the battery used to sit)...and I noticed that it'd be much better if I could make up an airbox for it (protects it more from the heat generated by the snail and the engine itself).

Once again, nice looking beast. More pictures please....

·
Black 200kw wheel barrow
3,554 Posts
HOTDBZ said:
Also, do you have any trouble with too much heat being drawn into the K&N filter since you don't have an airbox made up for it?

i too was wondering about this

why not stick with the original pod box that come with the 8's and have the k+n filter inside that?

and HOTDBZ im sure theyre just the standard AU2 skirts

oh and Hoops, all that trouble makin the engine bay nice and you cant even clean your engine cover?!?

·
EFing Quick!
1,327 Posts
Awesome AU. I would consider buying one if it looked as good as that :AAHHH:

·
www.fpvxrclubact.com
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Hi guys

Thanks for all the comments its great, and now to answer some of your questions.
I am currently modifying the air box to suit the pod, however it looks good sitting their on its own for shows. I havent had any dramas with it drawing to much heat as yet.
HOTDBZ unfortunantly they are only the standard brakes at the moment (thats the next thing on the list).
Falkeen yes you are right its the AUII Tickford bodykit that comes out factory, dont you like the signatures on the engine cover?

1 - 20 of 109 Posts