1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Mazda MX6 Member
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
SCPOC/Probe GT Member
238 Posts
It looks like a knockoff of ...um...the name escapes me right now. Anyway, I've seen that concept before (this one looks cheap by comparison).

I have not used either this or the original, so I'm going off hearsay. From what I've read it does nothing except restrict airflow. I have a feeling that's close to accurate. The PRM/Hotshot/HomeDepot CAIs are probably more effective.

·
Mazda MX6 Member
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
got a custom CAI (similar to hotshot), just wanted to know if this would get me a few cheap HP!!

I don't understand the concept of this or how it would work?? It doesn't force air or seem to speed it up, it just seems to stir it up....and like claudermilk said it seems to me that it would just be restrictive.

·
Grand Muckety Muck
710 Posts
ugh....resctriction to the air flo....no thanks

·
PT Owner - SCPOC Prez
681 Posts
this device is also known as the tornado.

the sprial max has been PROVEN to rob power from the 2g pgt. jin kim (nechronius) has tested this on the dyno with his own 95pgt and the numbers didn't lie.

this device should be avoided.

·
Resident Genius
378 Posts
Also don't forget that one of these devices destroyed the engine of Rick Stanich when the motor swallowed it.

:thumbdown:

M

·
0 Posts
i was about to post something good about this..... but.... :)
:tdown: for the restriction :tup: for the spiral flow

·
Probe Owner
49 Posts
I think the one that got rick was the Tmax eram super charger or something dumb like that. In any event

:tdown:

·
Mazda MX6 Member
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
how did you get your pic to show up in your sig??

Nice ride!!

·
Hardcore GL Tuner
190 Posts
Hmmm...

Prolly cuz he's a "MEGA MOD" :shrug: :s5 , really tho, i'm sure that's the reason. The SpiralMax and Tornado Air are Junk, and it was the E Ram that distroyed the KL engine :mad:

B

·
0 Posts
Snake Oil

If it sounds too good to be true. . . it usually is.

You have got to wonder what the consequenses would be if the thing broke up and was injected into your motor. . . Stay Away from it!

Enjoy.

·
Old Skool Member
1,031 Posts
GET IT! You'll knock like 1.5 seconds off your 1/4 mile with that thing!

Don't listen to these guys! :s6:

·
Old Skool Member
1,031 Posts
The only reason why I would buy on of those, is to take it straight to a dyno to prove to everyone that it does not do anything, and if anything hurts performance. Then I'd send it back and get my refund.

Has anyone tried this? Bought it, and took it straight to the dyno to see the results?

·
Mazda MX6 Member
1 Posts
the concept of it works, but it just restricts too much air. swirl-polishing your throttle body would be more effective.

·
PT Owner - SCPOC Prez
681 Posts
Vulcan Power said:
The only reason why I would buy on of those, is to take it straight to a dyno to prove to everyone that it does not do anything, and if anything hurts performance. Then I'd send it back and get my refund.

Has anyone tried this? Bought it, and took it straight to the dyno to see the results?
yes. jin kim. if you read my post above, i stated this very clearly. jin tested this on the dyno with his and a couple of other cars during a scpoc meet back in 1998. his conclusions were proof enough that they did not work with the 1993-97 gt's.

perhaps this device may work with your 3.0, if you wish to buy one and test it, by all means please do so and publish your results. we could use it for content on FF! :thup:

·
Mazda MX6 Member
17 Posts
hmm, lets think about this guys
engine needs oxygen to combust
the more oxygen and fuel it can get, the better it does this, the more horsepower you can choke out
spiral POS just sits in your intake w/out moving.
if you don't get the point of this post by now, then I'll sell you a custom-molded soda can w/ your choice of brands to bring out that individuality you possess as a driver and you can put that in your intake as a stand alone mod, or one you can use with your turbo-max and type r sticker....this combination alone adds 346 hp....
c'mon guys, its a gimmic, don't fall.
you'd be better off running stock.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts