Ford Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Old Skool Member
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anchorage municipality to bird creek including glenn highway north to the first knik river bridge, seward highway south to bird point
500 PM AST MON DEC 3 2001

...wind chills 20 to 30 below Tuesday...

Tonight...skies becoming partly cloudy with low clouds and fog dissipating toward morning. Low zero to 20 below...coolest in outlying areas. Winds becoming north to 15 mph toward morning.

Tuesday...sunny and windy. High 10 above to 10 below. North winds 10 to 25 mph. Locally higher gusts near the inlet.

Tuesday night...clear and continued windy. Low zero to 15 below. North winds 10 to 20 mph.

Wednesday...sunny. High 10 above to 10 below.

Wednesday night...clear. Low zero to 20 below.

Thursday...sunny. High 10 above to 10 below.

Friday...partly cloudy. Low 10 above to 10 below. High zero to 20.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And it's ONLY December! January will be colder.
I hope my block heater/battery blanket works well tommorow with -20 to -30 degree windchills............ brrrrrrrrrrrr........

I LOVE IT

·
Old Skool Member
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No but I will find out sooner or later when I go down on vacation........ :s6: Speaking of which, when is the best time to visit?

·
Tickford Ruled; FPV Rocks
1,457 Posts
That's a tough question to answer.

At the peak of summer, (i.e. mid to late Jan) the temp can get up to 43 degrees celcius which i think is way over 100 degrees fahrenheit. But at least it's dry heat, not humid.

Winters are cold (by our standards anyhow, not Anchorage's!) it gets to 7 - 10 degrees celcius during the day.

So, i reckon if you don't suffer hay fever, then Spring time is lovely in Melbourne (Sept-Nov). Autumn (fall) is also a very nice time to visit.

Melbourne weather gets a bad rap from other Australians (cos they're jealous!!) but it's a classy town.

In fact, come down during late February, we have the Tickford open day and I think LunaticSS is coming down. Tickford is the factory (hot) tuner of Aussie Fords.

There will be most of the regular Aussie FF people in Melbourne for the Tickford open day (Feb 25th, 2001 it's a Sunday). It would be great if you and LunaticSS could come down!

·
Hardcore GL Tuner
190 Posts
WOW

I guess I take California weather for granted... Not the best now, but nothing like that! Have fun in Aussie Land:) It's really a sweet ass place! Personally after being there for a month, I think parts of NZ have stranger weather than Melbourne:s5
But I did go there in our summer, your winter so...

Well, once again have a great time, and DAMN it's cold up there!

·
Australian Probe Member
841 Posts
Probe 2C said:

So Melbourne must be in Ohio :lol:
Best analogy I've seen in a long time!!! :s6: Melbourne footy fans are almost as loyal as Browns fans; Go those DAWGS!!

·
Australian Ford Member
1,120 Posts
Vulcan Power said:
No but I will find out sooner or later when I go down on vacation........ :s6: Speaking of which, when is the best time to visit?
Depends what you want to do.

If you're into summer things like beaches, surfing, skindiving etc, mid-Jan to early March is usually the warmest and best.

If you're into winter things, stay in Anchorage. Only way we get that weather is parachuting naked from 30,000 feet. There's reasonable skiing within a few hours of Melbourne, but I don't do it so I don't know the best season.

If you just want to see the town and tourist things, Spring is usually OK around late Sept, but weather often gets worse (colder, wetter, and windy) from late October and is still crap now, which is a unusual. April is usually good for decent weather without any extremes.

·
Tickford Ruled; FPV Rocks
1,457 Posts
Re: WOW

cybervampyre said:
I guess I take California weather for granted... Not the best now, but nothing like that! Have fun in Aussie Land:) It's really a sweet ass place! Personally after being there for a month, I think parts of NZ have stranger weather than Melbourne:s5
But I did go there in our summer, your winter so...

Well, once again have a great time, and DAMN it's cold up there!

It's not only the weather that's strange in New Zealand!!!!

·
Old Skool Member
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I know most people would think I'm crazy for loving it up here. The temperature doesnt really bother me THAT much. When it gets that cold it's a dry cold, sometimes you feel colder when it's warmer, I cannot explain it...... yeah I've lived in the desert and I thought that it sucked nuts... will never go back to live..

·
Mr. ATX Pimp - Mod.
194 Posts
Im sick of Fla weather! I want it to be cold damnit, its xmas, I want cold! What do I get? Fuggin' 80 degree weather.

·
Old Skool Member
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yeah that's what I'm talking about! In the summer, yes, 80 is great... not 105! LOL. It gets up to a nice 75-80 in the summer here, PERFECT. Also, it is nice to have a white Christmas, or in our case a white Halloween and Thanksgiving and Easter as well.. :s6:

And if there are any snowboarders or skiiers out there, YOU WOULD BE IN HEAVEN.

·
Big Poppa
441 Posts
Ohio weather does suck....
My one friend is from Sydney, Australia and she was living in Akron, Ohio for the longest time and just went back there. I hate her because she tells me how nice it is there, and Its freezing here. She also refuses to bring me home a dingo damn her!!!

·
Beefy Big Poppa
52 Posts
hahahaha.. yeah, it's pretty nice out actually. Who cares if it's cold? It was awesome out there today.. err.. yesterday, Thursday. It will continue to be awesome too for a while.

BTW Marc, wind chill has no effect on your engine.. only ambient temp. :p

·
Old Skool Member
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Maddening said:
hahahaha.. yeah, it's pretty nice out actually. Who cares if it's cold? It was awesome out there today.. err.. yesterday, Thursday. It will continue to be awesome too for a while.

BTW Marc, wind chill has no effect on your engine.. only ambient temp. :p
Oh ok, that's true, I guess it is shielded under the hood! Thanks for clearing that up.. LOL. I admit, sometimes the cold air feels nice. And even though it gets sunny for only a few hours in the winter, when it's sunny, it's SUNNY AS ALL HELL!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts