Ford Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
T5 Expert Operator
6,540 Posts
Ahh no,
Not another tyre problem. What is it with Fords and Tyres, how come GM doesn't get these tyre problems. I guess it's luck of the OEM brand Ford chooses.

:( :(

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
just what we need, another loss to make things worse. although holden are'nt far behind apparently.

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
It's getting close to official.. Ford 4x4's and tyres don't mix. :fmad: Surely with the technology around these days, a set of tyres can be found that work... :rolleyes:

Whaddya mean by that Doc?? :confused:

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
there was a article from the states on the who's who of business. Both Ford Chysler and GM are expected to post a 40% loss this financial, in the states anyway.

·
gone
10,402 Posts
But isnt that a trend in all corporate orgs?

its seems that everything has been effected by the asian stock crash some 18 months ago and the big world has only now realised it can no longer hide the fact that trends are on a downslide!

·
Pursuit Reincarnation Dog
7,777 Posts
I find it harsh that tyre companies are being dragged through the mud on these issues when the real problem is people don't maintain their cars any more. Like how many people carry a good quality tyre gauge and check their tyre pressures regularly? In fact, how many people even do a walk-around of their car before they head off on a trip?

I've seen cars in traffic next to me with tyres so low on pressure the belts are worn on the SIDEWALL. And the rubber is blue from heat stress.

Comes back to taking responsibility for your own safety IMO.

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
I agree about people not paying enough attention to car tyres. They are obviously the only contact with the road surface and to not maintain them is madness.

·
Administrator
5,119 Posts
The other 2 big companies in USA have been having 4x4 tyres probs too but becuase the Explorer is so popular it has been the one copping the headlines.

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Audi USA had to recall the TT and TTq which were fitted with Bridgestones because the tyres, apprentely unique to the TT and TTq, developed stress cracks and bulges in the sidewalls and even tread lifting. The fact that most TT and TTq owners molly coddle the cars and it was these cars which had the problem was what caused alarm to Audi. The guys that drove them hard simply ditched the cheap (?) Bridgestones and fitted better rubber. Audi Australia was made aware of the problem and told us, Club Audi, that IF the problem occured here they would look in to it. Dad's TTq has the affected tyres on it and they are starting to develope signs of trouble, along with slight baldness caused by WRX hunting!:D. I think the only reason Ford has all the publicity over the tyres is down to the shear number of the things on the road and the fact that everyone likes to take shots at Ford. BTW did you know GM had tyre problems a year or so ago?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts