Ford Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Read Only
1,395 Posts
Hang on a second, is it my imagination or is there a pattern going on here? mmm Skaife's shananagins. :eek:
We wouldn't want to penalise HRT's "Golden Boy" now would we.
Russell.

·
Australian Ford Member
80 Posts
Out of interest I was watching the final scrutineering of the cars at Wanneroo as it was interesting to see them use templates to check a variety of things.

One was a huge template that goes across the bonnett and is meant to slide down the side of the center of the wheelarch and rest on either the center of the rim or the rim itself (couldn't see where it sat).

It just happened that when I was watching them use this they put it over Car 1. Several goes and it wouldn't fit. Then bugger me the scrutineers pushed on the center of the guards several times and then slid it over.

Even a Holden guy said to his mates "F**K doesn't that mean something".

Made me recall back when 2 Sierras blew the field away by 5 laps at Bathurst but then got pinged for their outer guards being 2mm !!! too wide (get a ruler and measure 2mm).

M

·
0 Posts
Rastus said:
Hang on a second, is it my imagination or is there a pattern going on here? mmm Skaife's shananagins. :eek:
We wouldn't want to penalise HRT's "Golden Boy" now would we.
Russell.

You only have to look as far back as bathurst to see the bias which exists with officials against the fords - for farks sake, at Eastern creek, Lowndes gets pinged for being a metre in front of the safety car as it enters the pits.......cant have lowndesey proving that the success of hrt was mostly his now , can we.....hey Skaifey you ars licker, get farked..........

·
Australian Ford Member
80 Posts
Doc,

No I was watching scrutineering live after the races at Wanneroo.

It was pretty blatant and they had several guard "pushes" before the template went over.

Being so blatant and in front of lot of fans etc it must be that the actual guard widths aren't important now and the template must have something to do with measuring the overall wheel widths or camber angles etc.

Obviously different rules than those back in the Sierra days.

T

·
0 Posts
ozrunner said:
Doc,

No I was watching scrutineering live after the races at Wanneroo.

It was pretty blatant and they had several guard "pushes" before the template went over. Being so blatant and in front of lot of fans etc I assumed it must be allowed.

Made me wonder if this is the case why bother with the template.
or why bother at all.....skaife would only cry foul, and HRT Mgt would have a fit.

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
ozrunner said:
It was pretty blatant and they had several guard "pushes" before the template went over
Don't quote me, but I think that template is used to measure front wheel track not the guards.. :confused:

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
With the amount of toe out on these cars I am surprised they are trying to measure front track by going over the guards with a template.

·
Interloper from LS1.com
768 Posts
I saw something on the CH10 coverage about the one that goes over the front. Fits Holden snug and Ford 5mm gap or something (may be other way around).

Was for measuring track, they only measured above cntre of wheel.

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
That's what I saw Brendan.. I think you were right. The Holden was right on the limit whereas the Ford was either 5 or 10mm under??..

1 - 12 of 12 Posts