Ford Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
T5 Expert Operator
6,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Peoples,

Just thought i'd start this thread to get an idea of how many people on ford forum are keen on going on the tickford club run to bathurst on June 17th for the people in NSW.

I looked on the tickford owners club site and so far there has been no information on where to meet and times etc.

maybe el2xr8 can fill us in on those details..

yeah i'd be good if a number of us can meet up.

·
T5 Expert Operator
6,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
DK,

Mate that doesn't matter, the only tickfordised option i have is wheels and lowering, they don't mind at all as long as it's a ford. Good to see that you'll be turning up, also we can see your mighty XF. :thumbup: :thumbup: :D

·
Banned
5,809 Posts
EF_Falcon_GuY said:
DK,

Mate that doesn't matter, the only tickfordised option i have is wheels and lowering, they don't mind at all as long as it's a ford. Good to see that you'll be turning up, also we can see your mighty XF. :thumbup: :thumbup: :D
It will be mighty, after I finish the engine later this year :D :D :D

I can take all the corners of the mountain Flat at 60 km/h except for Forrests elbow now :thumbup:

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
DONUT KING said:
I can take all the corners of the mountain Flat at 60 km/h except for Forrests elbow now :thumbup:
Bah!!, I'll have to bring the Festy up and show you how to drive the mountain... ;) :p :p

·
T5 Expert Operator
6,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
DK, Yeah for sure your car will definitly have a few more horsies after that conversion... Whats more it still will be a street driven daily car.. :D

About going 60kmph all corners did you do any suspension work to your car or alot of track practise. ;) ;)

·
Banned
5,809 Posts
EF_Falcon_GuY said:
DK, Yeah for sure your car will definitly have a few more horsies after that conversion... Whats more it still will be a street driven daily car.. :D

About going 60kmph all corners did you do any suspension work to your car or alot of track practise. ;) ;)
Lotsa practise with stick suspension, let me tell you it doesn't like it much through the dipper @ 60 kliks hehehe

FORD MAN: Like the Festiva even gets to 60k's an hour :p :p :p

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
DONUT KING said:
FORD MAN: Like the Festiva even gets to 60k's an hour :p :p :p
The only mod I've made to it was put in a bigger Jesus bar to hang on with!!.. :wink2:

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
Tell me about it... my missus doesn't believe in slowing down for driveways or kerbs!!... and she's got the nerve to up me for double clutching!!!.. :eek:

·
Banned
5,809 Posts
Ford Man said:
Tell me about it... my missus doesn't believe in slowing down for driveways or kerbs!!... and she's got the nerve to up me for double clutching!!!.. :eek:
They're all the same, I can't accelerate so as to not labour the engine with mum in the car but she can labout the engine and not slow down for kerbs/driveways as much as she wants. Hell there are women around here that drive flat chat over the speedhumps within the uni (points @ white fagna driver) and nearly rip the suspension out every time, but no matter how much you warn them, they keep on doing it :eek:

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
DONUT KING said:
(points @ white fagna driver)
You done anymore work on the end of year "prank" for the unnamed fagna driver??.. ;)

·
Pursuit Reincarnation Dog
7,777 Posts
Ford Man said:
Don't double clutch a synchro box! It stuffs them in the long run. Double clutching only works AFTER the synchros stop working or if they don't exist. Synchro boxes rely on the rings to synchronise the gears so clutching upsets the process.

A hint - if you go for a Heavy Vehicle Licence and you double clutch a synchro box - FAIL!

·
T5 Expert Operator
6,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hehehe guys can we ge back to the topic please :p :p :p

I'll start a thread for manual driving...

Can i have a show of hands as to who will be interested in the tickford club run on June 17th.

·
Banned
3,514 Posts
As I'm all set to join the club now that I'm a Tickford owner (form is filled in Mike, just need the $55 and a stamp :D ), and I'm checking my schedule to see if I can fit this run in. It would be the first really good drive in the car I'd have since owning it so I'm pretty eager.

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
Aussie Pete said:
A hint - if you go for a Heavy Vehicle Licence and you double clutch a synchro box - FAIL!
Already got it. And the instructor told me to do it....

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
EF_Falcon_GuY said:
Can i have a show of hands as to who will be interested in the tickford club run on June 17th.
Sorry mate, count me out. I'll be in Melb that weekend.. :(

·
T5 Expert Operator
6,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yeah mike i got the form as well, but like veom i've gotta get my self to put the $55 and go to the post office.

But only thing is i don't have an XR :( :( :(

I only have an XRish wagon... :rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts