Ford Forums banner

1 - 20 of 88 Posts

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
Any idea on how this will affect the T's and XR's David? What sort of resources are they bringing to the fold?
I've read the press release and checked out the Prodrive site and I must say it all looks quite exciting... :D :thumbup:

·
Hawthorn Supporter
1,808 Posts
Great news David. Holden/HSV should watch their backs because Ford/Tickford are back in a serious way :)

David , I have a new slogan for Tickford "HSV, I JUST BEAT ONE" :D

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
gms00 said:
David , I have a new slogan for Tickford "HSV, I JUST BEAT ONE" :D
How about... "Tickford, Drive the difference"

Then again, I like the one on the buildings on Glenbarry Rd.. "Tickford, The Art of Performance" :D :thumbup:

·
Future XR Owner
2,245 Posts
Well this is a suprise. I must admit I know nothing about Prodrive, but I now intend to do some research on them. How will this affect Tickfords relationship with Ford Oz:confused: I thought Ford Oz were 100% share holders!

Does this now mean that Tickford will have the freedom to build/mod the cars the way we have hoped for for ages?

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Prodrive has bought Tickford Ltd (TL)
TL owns amongst other things, Tickford Australia.
Tickford Australia owns 51% of Tickford Vehicle Engineering (TVE).
Ford owns the remaining 49%.
TVE will remain as it was. Name will be unchanged and Tickford branding will be used on Ford vehicles in the region.
All other Tickford companies are independent operators free to work with any client. TVE is Ford specific and proud to be so.
The benefit to TVE is that the increased expertise of the enlarged Prodrive group can now be brought to bear on Australian product (so long as it is affordable).
There will be no conflict since consultancies such as Prodrive and Tickford set themselves up to deal with many customers at the same time. Confidentiality is the key to this.
The issue in Australia is the strength of the Tickford brand. We must do nothing to dilute that strength or confuse it. Prodrive agree with this and as a result, Tickford is very very secure in Australia. Have fun

T

·
0 Posts
David
you quote "confidentiality" as the key. if confidentiality agreements are drawn up, as per a particular Tickford arm in Australia or anywhere, so to speak, PLUS, you have independant operators in Australia and the rest of the world. Under what country law do they come under, if a dispute arises. Or does it fall back on the parent company (TL) as being the first party.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
THE DOCTOR said:
David
you quote "confidentiality" as the key. if confidentiality agreements are drawn up, as per a particular Tickford arm in Australia or anywhere, so to speak, PLUS, you have independant operators in Australia and the rest of the world. Under what country law do they come under, if a dispute arises. Or does it fall back on the parent company (TL) as being the first party.
In our experience, such agreements are drawn up by the customer and are subject to the law applicable to the country/state from which the order originates.
What a BORING question!!
Have MORE fun!

T

·
0 Posts
Okay lets have some fun.
what would you like to see as the powerplant for the new AV.

T

·
0 Posts
That's what I thought. we speak the same language.
"confidentiality" is the word. (lol) nudge nudge.

·
Future XR Owner
2,245 Posts
Have looked up the Prodrive website and looks like they have alot to offer, but when can we expect to see their influence on the Tickford Aus. product?

I hope its soon:D

·
Administrator
4,980 Posts
David:There seems to be a wave of enthusiasm sweeping through Ford and Ford Fanatic's such as us at the moment thanks to you guy's at ford putting more horsepower into the line up.Some of the other message boards I visit that have nothing to do with cars have had comments about Ford bumping the power up to try and catch Holden.The comments on these other boards generally don't go Ford's way tho I do prop up the side all the time.The power increase has been casting more positive comments there.It is making a difference i tell ya.

·
CEO - The BSR Group
4,400 Posts
THE DOCTOR said:
Okay lets have some fun.
My turn! :cool:

David - How about an option to retrofit the rumoured new lightweight IRS system to EL2 XR8's?? And perhaps throw in a 2-door convertible conversion into the equation? :) :wink2: :damack: :thumbup:

... not financially viable? :( Ah well, worth a try :wink2: :mmm: :eek:

And time for some real questions! :thumbup:

1. I am curious - if a turbo 6 (be it OHC or DOHC) was to be introduced, where would you see it in the Tickford product lineup? Would it be an XR variant, or a new member in the T-Series range? Or otherwise?

2. Are the new 220kW XR8's running cast iron heads as opposed to the alloy ones on the T-Series? Are they GT40p?

3. Are you desperately in need of "real world" drivers for the testing cycle of upcoming products? *coughs loudly, raises hand slightly*

4. What are the vehicles of choice of the guys "around the office"?

Cheers
Mike

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
el2xr8 said:
1. I am curious - if a turbo 6 (be it OHC or DOHC) was to be introduced, where would you see it in the Tickford product lineup? Would it be an XR variant, or a new member in the T-Series range? Or otherwise?
IMHO if it's a goer it should be the XR6. Tickford introduced the hot 6 and now the others are playing catch up. Time to turn on the juice and make 'em sh!t 'emselves. No new model or anything, just a good old fahioned kick-ass XR6. Remember the KISS principle. Too many models confuses too many people (and no doubt costs a sh!teload more $$$ too)

el2xr8 said:
3. Are you desperately in need of "real world" drivers for the testing cycle of upcoming products? *coughs loudly, raises hand slightly*
*Belts Mike out of the way and stands up grinning sheepishly*
Hey, I'm keen.. :mmm:

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
David Flint said:
What a BORING question!!
Have MORE fun!
Cop that Doc!!...
Caned by the MD of Tickford!! :p :thumbup:
Good to see you're settling in well Happy Jack.. If fun's what you're after then you've come to the right place...
:thumbup:

David Flint said:
TVE is Ford specific and proud to be so.
Damn Straight!!.... :D :thumbup:

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
el2xr8 said:

My turn! :cool:

David - How about an option to retrofit the rumoured new lightweight IRS system to EL2 XR8's?? And perhaps throw in a 2-door convertible conversion into the equation? :) :wink2: :damack: :thumbup:

... not financially viable? :( Ah well, worth a try :wink2: :mmm: :eek:

And time for some real questions! :thumbup:

2. Are the new 220kW XR8's running cast iron heads as opposed to the alloy ones on the T-Series? Are they GT40p?

4. What are the vehicles of choice of the guys "around the office"?

Cheers
Mike
2, cast iron to our own specifications
3, I've got your number. JB will relly appreciate not being included in your real world.
4, Anne Ross and Brian Rogers, XR8 each, Donna Willis and Dale Burnett, XR6 HP each, Winfreid Beilhartz, any development vehicle he wants to.....he can because he's Chief Engineer!

·
EA Wagon Member
469 Posts
Hey it all sounds good to me Mr Flint:)

Just hope the new range of t-series or whatever they gonna be called keep that same beaut sound as teh current ones, i thought the xr8's sounded sweet but recently a neighbour has bought a te50 and he guns it every mornin' and it sounds a beauty! :cool:

btw Mr Flint what is tickfords involvement in FTR? is tickford just in the name to sound good or what? dont laugh at me if the answer is obvious i seriously don't know

T

·
0 Posts
Fordman
I can cop a punch on the chin, (lol) I got the response that I expected from David, so all was not lost. When I spoke with Felicity the other day, she was with Geoff and he suggested we set aside part of the Ford premises, and turn it into a cemetary, so die hard Ford fans like us, could be buried along with a GTHO relic or something, and be put out to pasture, I told Geoff I wanted first option on a plot, that way I could haunt him or David if they did'nt give us the power we wanted.

1 - 20 of 88 Posts
About this Discussion
87 Replies
20 Participants
MadMax
Ford Forums
Ford Forum is a community to discuss all things Ford. Check out our discussions on the Ford Escape, Mustang, Edge, F-150, Raptor, Explorer, Focus, Fusion, Fiesta and more!
Full Forum Listing