Ford Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
In a blue Galaxy
5,716 Posts
Just reeding old threads i missed, 6 speed sounds interesting although Flint doesnt seem to impressed with one. Everywhere I read or talk to poeple who own SS commodore they say that the 6th gear is unecessary but its more a marketing thing than anythign esle. I can understand exactly, the jow blow who sees a ford with 5 speed and HSv with 6 speed automatically thinks it must be faster. But another query which seems nearly like a contradiction is that when the original T-Series came out only the TS50 had the 220kw engine because they claimed that the current 5 speeder could not handle the extra torque load. I know youve heard it all beofre and we all know the 220kw idd get in the T-series and its now in the XR8 but thats not what im saying, what im saying is surely if they doubted it could handle 220kw why would 260kw+ be not doubted? You cant really Mod a Gearbox can you? hmmm all a bit strange to me...

·
Two SC 61's = trouble
6,360 Posts
Or use the 5 speed Tremec box as in the Mussy used now in U.S.The t5 can take abit of power,its the abuse in gear changes it cannot handle,power shifting etc,gear lever getting lost between 2nd & 3rd then letting clutch out when not properly engaged is not recomended,but easy to do.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts