Ford Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
NSW TICKFORD OWNERS CLUB
324 Posts
Dealer wholesale price (there buy in) is $820 set of 4 for Series 1 (17") and $790 set of 4 series 2 (17"). Heaven knows why series 1 is dearer than 2 ?!?!....

G

·
Hi RAVEN,

I contacted a couple of places a few months ago about EL GT Rims. One said that you could only get them from Ford and you had to give them your Ford's vin etc. However Wheel King sent me a list of various rims and they have the EL GT Rims for sale. Pretty pricey though as you would expect. They were $2,280 for a standard set and $2,680 polished. I don't know what Ford charge, but going on their other parts prices it probably wouldn't be any cheaper, but it would be worth checking just in case I guess. Hope this helps.

Cheers

Steve.

G

·
Thanks for your advice ELectric Falcon

Yeah the rims I would have expected to be that pricey.Just trying to decide if I should put some Simmons FR17's on my EFII Fairmont or the EL GT rims and at the same time install some bigger brakes. I noticed that the GT rims have a slight gold tint to them. Is it possible to order the rim without this tinting??

G

·
Hi RAVEN,

I'm not sure if they sell them in anything other than polished or what Wheel King call champagne colour.

Cheers

Steve.

·
Registered
311 Posts
I have priced ELGT rims , HOPE u r sitting down , approx $800 each plus $77 each fpor the center caps , I can get 17" ALAN JONES wheels for $260 , so why would u bother.
Hope this helps

·
Banned
3,514 Posts
For those who have AJR wheels already, have you had problems with them? A salesman at Bob Jane told me they often get customers returning to fix minor problems, leaks, etc

·
Registered
9 Posts
where do u get AJR,s for $260 each??
tyre shop here quoted double that
17" polished simmons quoted me $3300.00 eights and nines on back ...
any suggestions anyone????

1 - 14 of 14 Posts