Ford Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey fellas, I'm building a 429 and would like to keep as many factory parts as I can, however I was cleaning the timing cover today and found a strange hole in
Automotive tire Gas Rim Automotive wheel system Vehicle brake
Helmet Automotive tire Wood Rim Gas
the cover going from water pump side to the timing set side.
Helmet Automotive tire Wood Rim Gas

Automotive tire Gas Rim Automotive wheel system Vehicle brake

It looks to me like holes from the casting process so I'm just wondering if it would cause any problems

·
Super Moderator
1,500 Posts
Looks to me like it’s missing material. It doesn’t look like it goes to where the timing chain is so it should be fine but if it were me I’d either get it fixed or replace it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
22,769 Posts
If you scroll down in the link , there is a larger picture for you to check out and compare

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Looks to me like it’s missing material. It doesn’t look like it goes to where the timing chain is so it should be fine but if it were me I’d either get it fixed or replace it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yah the area on the block is the same shape but it doesn't lead into the water jacket or crankcase at all.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If you scroll down in the link , there is a larger picture for you to check out and compare

I for sure know that the holes should not be in it but if it won't cause any problems then that's money I can use on something else for it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts