Ford Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Officially Bored with 347
3,584 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know of a product that allows you to tint the clear indicator lenses, Ive seen an ELXR8 with it done & looks Groovy, Ive tried window tinting places but the wont,cant do it but told me about some spray u can use.. Can anyone shed a lil light on tha subject, i have a pic of it done if u r interested
Thanx

·
I want a turtle!
2,635 Posts
Hi SVO302

Yeah - the stuff you use to tint the lenses is a paint. I used to use it on my RC cars.

A work mate of mine just tinted the lenses on his proton (it looks really ricey) I can ask him how much it was and where he got it from if you like..

:)
Kelli S

·
Registered
3,023 Posts
I think you can pick tint coloured paint at Supercheap Auto, but just a word of warning, any kind of tint of any of the exterior lights is illegal (in NSW atleast, probably the other states aswell??) and the cops can pull you up for it.

·
Registered
12 Posts
i have all my lences on my white elxr8 tinted it looks good.
it is not just paint it is a special spray on tint in a can.
you can use black paint mixed with clear but for it to realy stick to the plastic you have to use a plastic primer.
dave.
panel beater spray painter
newcastle

·
Officially Bored with 347
3,584 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Alrighty i thought DANG it Ive seen a whole bunch of crumpledoore's with it done & 1 Ford so i have bitten the bullet & tried it out.
I went to a hobby shop & bought a "translucent window tint spray" After ripp'n tha lenses out, carefully applying layers to both lenses so that the tinting was even I have ended up with a masterpiece.
The tint looks dark but u can EASILY see the amberflashing & Whoa baby on a Black Ed XR8 it has ROOLY set it OFF Looks AWESOME!!!
thanx to those that replied here CHEERS
thanx TIKFD6 i got the pix not a bad idea at all mate thanx heaps Goodluck with it

1 - 8 of 8 Posts