Ford Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
If all else fails-GAS IT!
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

Have any of you had trouble with your radio reception ?

I have a BA ute with security tint on all of the windows, which was done when new, ever since we have been trying to rectifiy this problem and I and begining to think the tint is the reason?

Anyone?

cheers
Red

·
Registered
77 Posts
If you use a metallised based tint it will effect radio reception. Make sure the tint guys have not used a metallised tint.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I had 20% metallic tint put on all windows an if anything the radio reception has improved, even though when i rang Ford they said it would ruin the reception.

·
Ford Appreciation Society
3,666 Posts
The window tinter should have known prior to doing your vehicle. I had it spelt out to me when I got one of my car's tinted last year - and they were up front and to the point. Different tint required for BA's....

·
Registered
695 Posts
Metalic films are okay IF you put another another layer of film underneath. (Not sure what this under lay film is called) I had this done by premier tint. Not on hint of problem with AM or FM reception....still crystal clear.

·
Resident geek freak
935 Posts
I got the SENTRY tint "darkest legal" on my sedan (non-metallic I guess..very black)

The radio reception pretty well matches that of my EL with normal antenna.
IM satisfied with it .
(Im a radio Ham and Shortwave radio freak, so i listen to a lot of radio and judge signals)

·
Rip Up The Track Join OFR
6,021 Posts
this has been covered many times before in previous threads, if the tint people who are tinting your car get it wrong or dont know which tint to use then there not a very good tint shop...

·
I am The Brain
3,073 Posts
I agree XRFPV8...it hasn't come up for a while though, because I thought the tint placed would know this sort of thing by now.

When did you get the tint done bloodnut? And who did the tint? My brother got 3M's darkest legal tint and hasn't had any issues with his reception at all. It was done a few months ago now I believe.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Yeah I'll back that up, I used to be a window tinter used Solartint Films (the best around i swear!!) We used a different non metallised film for BA's Subarus ETC. Only let down was it is a charcoal coloured film not black like the normal. Still darkest legal though (35%)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts