Ford Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Ford Member
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Todays Drive states that Geoff has officially ruled out an AU3 or any model change before the AV despite Holden doing a VX 2 about September. I see it as good news because in the end we should get our AV about September next year rather than 2003. The XR8 220 is here now {has been released to the media} and three models of the T Series will be updated about September/October. They will feature the 255kw {thereabouts} 5.7 stroker V8, better brakes to match and some decent size spoilers to enhance the looks. No info on pricing or transmitions yet.

·
Ford Member
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Judging by the picture the colour coded mirrors on the XRs are deffinatly the go IMO.

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
I can't wait to see the new T's. Knowing the quality of vehicle Tickford produces, I think the update with the stroker will be a good tonic for FTE..

·
Pursuit Reincarnation Dog
7,777 Posts
I hope the picture turns up on Drive.com.au
Otherwise it had better be in the SMH drive tomorrow (Friday)

·
Future XR Owner
2,245 Posts
Aussie Pete said:
I hope the picture turns up on Drive.com.au
Otherwise it had better be in the SMH drive tomorrow (Friday)
I don't reckon we'll see pics of the updated T's for a while considering they're due late this year.

Just thinking, would the designer from Jag be incharge of the new kit:confused: Will be interesting to see what they come up with.

I still don't understand why they haven't advertised these things, there obviously not selling themselves:( I must say I was expecting to see some FTE advertising incorporated into the new We Have Ignition ads.

·
Registered
3,023 Posts
Why the hell are Ford bothering putting the stroker 5.0L in the T-Series when the Av is apparently being released a year later? Seems like a waste of money that could be better spent elsewhere. Or maybe the AV wont be arriving as early as we think:?: :?:

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
Martin said:
Why the hell are Ford bothering putting the stroker 5.0L in the T-Series when the Av is apparently being released a year later
AV will be here september next year. The stroker is a short term shot in the arm for Ford's performance image which I might add is sorely needed.

·
Banned
5,809 Posts
Ford Man said:

AV will be here september next year. The stroker is a short term shot in the arm for Ford's performance image which I might add is sorely needed.
You got that right... with a 220Kw XR8 who is going to buy a T series, really?
But when the T series gets the stroker well then say it's got 260 Kw, then it is sufficiently ahead of the XR8 to warrant the extra dosh

T

·
0 Posts
what's the price difference going to be though, can Joe Flogghisrod afford to buy one.

·
Ford Member
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Im hoping that the prices wont change too much and i dont think they can afford to if they are serious about even getting half of Clubsports sales which would be about what they are aiming for. A VX2 being released before these T series is good news aswell i think because it gives Ford the chance to see there finall specs and pricing etc. I am almost positive that alot of HSVs are sold as demos with a couple of grand off the list price to rack up extra sales. The stroker will be the main thing as will prices but i cant wait to see some mean kits if they show.

T

·
0 Posts
I dont really follow the t-series that much. would I be right in saying they would go for $70-75 for a new release.

·
Pursuit Reincarnation Dog
7,777 Posts
Friggin Joshua Dowling obviously decided not to put the XR8 in the SMH Drive section. Is the Age photo scannable??

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
The age photo is just a full kit XR8

There is something strange going on with the stroker kit for t series.
;)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts