Ford Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Professional P Plater
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did anyone else see this? Was reading a paper at work last night( i think it was a gold coast paper). Any way it listed the top 5 cars that gay people buy. Guess what was number 2................... Falcon Ute!!!!!!!!! WTF! Unsurprisingly the rest were small cars including the excell, but the falcon ute? Why would the ute have such a big appeal to gay drivers? Also in there was the BMW 3 series.

·
Ford Member
1,156 Posts
Maybe alot of gay tradies then?

Must be one of those dodgy surveys, where hes just asked around on the street 20 people.. I thought Toyota was pretty big into targeting the gay market.

But I guess if you have a superior product everyone will want it, reguardless of their sexual preference.

·
Faster than Zyrtec
2,105 Posts
Actually the xr8 ute is one of the darlinghurst boys favorates. It aint crap, its quite true. City Ford Sydney sells more utes to the gay community than anyone else, I guess they must note the "couples" that come in or count the same sex dual listed ownership.

Jaguar in the States has gone out of their way to market to the gay community. In a marketing sense your dealing with dual high income and no children, so they have quite a fairly high disposable income, so its not such a silly move.

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
Dave's right. This ain't no crap report. Falcon ute is very big in the Gay Communities. Doesn't really matter anyway. It's all sales for Ford!

·
We Love Greb Murpy
3,022 Posts
Oh!!! ooo!!! Ahhh!!!! *ford.boy sticks up his hand* I got one!!!!

You say fords are ghey? They're not the ones that use litre upon litre of oil to keep lubed up!!!

·
Birth, Drift, Death...
3,039 Posts
ok much and all as i love to take a dig at the GenIII when its at all possible, lets keep to the topic of the thread peoples? surely you all know by now that product bashing, no matter how much fun it is, will earn you a PM from the moderators and a closed thread?

anyway, just when you think its all going well re: good sales for ford, sombody throws a fly in the ointment, now (as if we didnt get it enough already) we truly will be branded as poofs. thats just f*cking great.

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Where do they come up with these figures? All you have to do is stand outside a Gay Night club and ask the guys goin in what car they drive.
Who cares if gays are driving Fords. They can be more picky about there cars than most women are about there hair makeup and clothes. To me this says that if they have picked them then they found it the more superior vehicle!
My neigbours are gays and one drives an AU xr6 (also has an 80s LTD) and the other a VT ss and a Beamer. You should see the variety of top class cars that turn up there! Everything from Hot Mustangs, New Monaroes, Very nice beamers and mercs to Porche 911 Turbos!

PHoeNiX_

·
Rail Rider
1,248 Posts
I'm not surprised. Driving a Commodore ute would only confirm thier sexuality. ...hehe

Seriously though. Only means Gay people by Falcon utes(not that there's anything wrong with that), not that the Falcon ute is a gay vehicle itself.

·
We Love Greb Murpy
3,022 Posts
Apart from my dig before, I have one thing to say in this topic:

Who gives a flying [email protected]#%? :wavey:

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
About this Discussion
43 Replies
32 Participants
fte22
Ford Forums
Ford Forum is a community to discuss all things Ford. Check out our discussions on the Ford Escape, Mustang, Edge, F-150, Raptor, Explorer, Focus, Fusion, Fiesta and more!
Full Forum Listing