Ford Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
methanol injected clevo
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a ED Sprint and i plan to fit a supercharger and dont want to chew up the sprint's gearbox.

i've got a toploader laying about so i'd like to fit that (i realise i'll be losing 5th gear but with 1:1 from the 4th gear from the toploader and 3.45 gears (3.27s available if thats a bit to high) it should be drivable. In terms of shift quality i have a Hurst indy shifter.

What would be required in terms of bellhousing/input shaft/clutch/tailshaft/mounts

thanks!

shaneo

·
kickerinthegutsbarry
568 Posts
I reckon the bellhousing, clutch and input shaft would be same as per any other windsor, but I think there would be a few nightmares hooking up the speedo and mabey the clutch, then you would have to check the mount and tailshaft, Which if they didn't fit, could easily be made by someone with the right skills. Big job for little gain IMHO.

Didn't you have an xe ghia you were doing up? Hows that coming along?

·
methanol injected clevo
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hmm... might give dellow a call tommorow and see what's involved...

The xd/xe is back from the paint shop (got the bill today *groan), but i've changed my mind about the motor so all the old motor bits are for sale (new heads/manifold/rr's/brand new 4>1 pacemakers), sold off the carb...... time for a new motor.

Decided if i'm going to build the car from scratch i might as well do it properly. Going 4Vs, TFC manifold, BG carb, Eagle ESP chev rods, SRP forged pistons and a nasty big crower cam (deciding whether to go solid or roller).

Reason for change of heart - the bottom end of the 351 was junk (all main bearings gone, crank damaged, bores already @ 30 thou and lipped etc etc) when i was hoping it was new (was only 10,000 kms old).

thought bugger it... lets scare some chevys :)

·
kickerinthegutsbarry
568 Posts
Hey, another thing to consider with the toploader conversion is weather the starter motor is in the same position. Good to hear the ghias making progress,there one of my favorite model's. I not long sold mine :(, but it made way for the gt coupe :).
Do you have a decent 2v clevo inlet manifold you want to sell?

·
methanol injected clevo
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
nar mate i've sold my performer and i only just sold my Xcelerator to Clevo.

i just got the sprint going today after its been sitting there for 6 months and im falling in love with it again haha. the xd might take that little bit longer now i think... :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts