Ford Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in the market for one. Interested to know what brand and stall speed people are using with their cleveland combos.

·
Registered
617 Posts
I always use Geoff Dell at the convertor shop at hemmant or a good friend of mine has great success with ASNU at east brisbane. You will need to list some more details of engine and car to get an estimate of stall speed.If you contact either of these places they will give give you a spec sheet to fill and and make the convertor to suit.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks gregaust. I've already had a price from asnu. Just wanting to know what other people are using.

·
Turbo 351TC "Coming soon"
259 Posts
gregaust said:
I always use Geoff Dell at the convertor shop at hemmant or a good friend of mine has great success with ASNU at east brisbane. You will need to list some more details of engine and car to get an estimate of stall speed.If you contact either of these places they will give give you a spec sheet to fill and and make the convertor to suit.
I've used Geoff @ the Convertor Shop ph07-3390 8824 and had nothing but good stuff to say about him and his product.

·
Turbo 351TC "Coming soon"
259 Posts
Also have mates that are using TCE and are very happy with them..

·
BLOWNXD
429 Posts
Im using a dominator stall convertor, and have previously used local made convertors in other vehicles and there is absolutely no comparison. It might have had to do with the the actual size of the convertors i previously used ie... (8" - 10" etc..) but the dominator just seems to drive normally under the stall limit as if its not even there, until you stab the accelerator and it flashes to the stall speed, where others even under normal driving conditions just continuously stalled above the stall speed which in my previous was (3500rpm) so it sounded like it was screaming all the time.

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
I also use a Dominator convertor, with 4500 stall. I too find it drives really good on the street, which was similar to my 3000-3500 convertor, until i get into it.

·
The Deputy Dogg.
1,862 Posts
Mines an Accelerator high stall, made locally in Melbourne, i haven't used it enough yet to see how long it will last, but i must admit, after the toploader i love how alive the car feels with a 5000rpm stall.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Also using a TCE converter with 3000 stall speed. Motor is a 400 Cleveland (or not a Cleveland) with a solid cam. Drives like normal in stop/start traffic until you step on it and then it sings.
Craig

1 - 11 of 11 Posts