Ford Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
In a blue Galaxy
5,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If Toyota join the V8 supercars in the next year or too, wouldn't it be an idea to make a street going version of this car. I know this is along way off, but the Lexus 4litre donk Is awesome and if they got that into a RWD sedan with 6 speed then we got the first decent thing to come out of Altona. Also wonder how long the Avalon has to go. Sales have been shocking and no matter what you do ot brighten its Image it always will have that first impression which was a bad one. I say if they get into V8's they HAVE to make a RWD car so dump the Crappy Avalon and start from scratch and make it right!

p.s. I know this doesnt have much relevance to Ford but Toyota is still in the Australian Market, and theres no other forum where i can get peeps opinions on this.

·
gone
10,402 Posts
I must admit Toyota has got a some what soft spot for me!

If they do make it into the V8 supercar series and bring out a street version, will it be equal on 250kw or higher?

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
well they certainly have a good starting point. 250 shouldn't prove to be too much of a problem.

Wonder how long japan will stick with their 206kw rule?

·
gone
10,402 Posts
HSE2 said:
well they certainly have a good starting point. 250 shouldn't prove to be too much of a problem.

Thats a good point Ian

If they really had the clout, they should have stepped in when the AU failed and beefed the comp up with HSV.

imagine if they designed a 300kw Euro car for the Asia Pasific market!.

Style
Class
Strobe Lights!

They would have made killing!, thank christ they didnt

·
Formerly J-type
1,629 Posts
HSE2 said:

There is already a 206Kw turbo'd Camry on sale here in NZ - and it was developed at Toyota NZ's national headquarters which is 10K's away.

·
Vintage Mustang Member
8 Posts
I heard Toyota America will be producing a 5L pushrod engine for use in the V8 supercars here. Dont know about the avalon and rwd tho.

TTStang

T

·
0 Posts
TTStang said:
I heard Toyota America will be producing a 5L pushrod engine for use in the V8 supercars here. Dont know about the avalon and rwd tho.

TTStang
I heard a while ago (12 months) that Mitsubishi was bringing out a V8 for there new model in 2002-3. Maybe it could be for the Toyota as you say

·
Formerly J-type
1,629 Posts
TTStang said:

TTStang
They could have RWD by racing the Avalon backwards.:D

·
In a blue Galaxy
5,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
They could have RWD by racing the Avalon backwards.
LOL, I like that one. Pity Reverse only has one gear, DOH!
Id say it will be quite a while yet. But my suspicions are that Companies are all ready ignoring that and puting more power into thier cars anyway but releasing it as 206kw. Dont know how many of you dudes got the car guide in the Herald sun the toher week but they said the evo7 Lancers will go 0-100KM/h in 4.5seconds. I also remember reading somehwere else that individual dyno testing on that car got something more like 230kw.

·
Registered
313 Posts
hhjk

HSE2 said:

Japanese car manufactures already ignore the 206kw rule. Officially, there cars as listed as having 206kw's, unofficially however, the STi, Evo's, GTR's etc have a ****load more. The 206 thing is basically just a front, the government and that turn a blind eye to the higher spec performance jap cars as long as their output is listed at 206kw.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts