Ford Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
gday guys, just interested in your personla opinions of the best way of taking off from the lights, (gear change timing etc.) in order to beat those annoying little ricers which we all put up next to from time to time.

·
BA'o'Matic 100% working.
3,838 Posts
well in the EA MPFI, flat to the floor fast, but if you dont do that and need to get going fast, about 1/2 throttle and keep pushing down as you feel the car taking off till you get to full throttle.

Works for me :0)

Jason

·
Cleveland Powered
728 Posts
(Disclaimer: street racing is illegal and dangerous. If you want to race go to a track)

Step 1: get a V8 :)

Failing that, if its an auto try putting one foot on the brake to stall the transmission up. Keep your foot on the brake as you rev it until it feels like its just about to let go & keep it there until the light goes green. On the green take your foot of the brake & floor it. Bye bye ricer :)

For a manual just try & slip the clutch a little as you take off & build the revs to avoid wheelspin. I eventually got pretty good at this in my XR6 & could take off at some pretty high revs.

·
BA'o'Matic 100% working.
3,838 Posts
Up to the speed limit while you can be booked for it (if the cop really feels like it) is technically acceptable, going beyond the posted speed limit is not condoned or encouraged in any shape or form :0) ........ have a nice day

Jason

·
Registered
295 Posts
Left foot on the brake , shifter in first , power/economy switched to power , NO unnecessary accesories on and a little gas (1000-1200rpm). Pre-empt the light change and release the brake then flaten it. Rev each gear to about 4500-5000 depending on the condition of the engine. Ford have an excellent mid to top end so use it to your advantage. Change through the gears nice and precisely and don't give in.
I've had a fair bit of experience with ricers and you'll find you catch up when they change gears (or pull away depending on who got off first). Hold your foot down until they give in. Good luck and may the FORD be with you! hehe

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
greeting all
i think the best way to anoy anybody at the lights would be to drive off ( after they change to green ) as if you had some respect for other road users

trafic light racing is for dead people if you would like to see the losers from traffic light racers just ask around for somebody that has lost a family member or somebody close in a road accident........... they are the losers

if you would like to see the winners have a look at http://www.morgue4losers.com.au

regards
rod

·
Registered
295 Posts
Or you could just drive through the light while it's red , flippin the bird out the window as you go. But as constable care says , blah blah don't do this , don't do that. Common sense is the best way. Don't race through peak hour traffic if you aren't 100% in control of your car or if you can't predict the traffic. The fact that you have to ask how to take off from the lights tells me you probably am still on your p's and don't have the knowledge to react to a dangerous situation. No offence but we all have to learn how to drive defensively before offensively.

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
timing is everything,once the red drops just go for it.

auto's stall up the box,and just nail it..

manuals,little revs,with clutch and when changing reach your max rpm's before changing,before doing this take your car somewhere and give it a thrash from 1st till top gear,get to know your max revs and practice gear changing,then you'll have a advantage to knowing your max whilst changing gears..

we've all done it so dont knock it..

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
and never do it whilst with cars in front,i only do the dashes and if i see cars in front a few hundreds mtrs away it stops right there..

never approach any traffic whilst at speed..you cant predict another drivers reaction so avoid traffic full stop..

·
Registered
548 Posts
have some pride, there not worth the fuel, if you want to race go to a track, and stop endangering others.

·
P-Plater and lovin it ;)
262 Posts
too right

·
BOFH
7,560 Posts
rod said:
greeting all
i think the best way to anoy anybody at the lights would be to drive off ( after they change to green ) as if you had some respect for other road users

trafic light racing is for dead people if you would like to see the losers from traffic light racers just ask around for somebody that has lost a family member or somebody close in a road accident........... they are the losers

if you would like to see the winners have a look at http://www.morgue4losers.com.au

regards
rod
^^^^^ Most sensible and intelligent post here!

Let the ricers race, let them go through the hell of killing someone or, with some luck, just themselves!

·
Crazed Cone Chaser
2,524 Posts
EAtDUST said:
Or you could just drive through the light while it's red , flippin the bird out the window as you go. But as constable care says , blah blah don't do this , don't do that. Common sense is the best way. Don't race through peak hour traffic if you aren't 100% in control of your car or if you can't predict the traffic. The fact that you have to ask how to take off from the lights tells me you probably am still on your p's and don't have the knowledge to react to a dangerous situation. No offence but we all have to learn how to drive defensively before offensively.

Street racing is totally unacceptable. The occasion quick sprint from the left lane is ok, but only up to the posted speed limit.

It is not somthing that should be joked about at all. I'm sure you would be feeling differently if you had lost a loved one to a dickhead boyracer.

EAtDUST said:
Don't race through peak hour traffic if you aren't 100% in control of your car or if you can't predict the traffic
No-one is ever 100% in control of their car at high speeds. What happens at 120+ if you blow a front tyres due to something on the road you hadnt seen, or if it just blew on its own? There is no margian for error, something goes wrong, its goodnight most likely unless you are a very lucky person.

·
BluePrint Bandit
149 Posts
woah.... even the 0-60 squirts are out of fashion now. I wouldnt have predicted these responses! Ill be sure to flash photos of dead people at all the nice fords i normally smile at when they take off quick to the limit. Bloody fools.

ps. My tongue is jammed in my cheek that hard its not funny and i am smiling, not provoking;)

cheers,
Matt

·
If Only I Had Lexus Power
827 Posts
I have a set of lights up my way which goes from stop to 110. if im goinng to have a go this is the only place i will do it if it is clear. and only to the speed limit otherwise your an idiot

·
Team Galaxy: Mad Bastard
2,847 Posts
To win? Easy. Don't race em. That leaves them with an aching feeling in the groin.

·
BOFH
7,560 Posts
HOTDBZ said:
To win? Easy. Don't race em. That leaves them with an aching feeling in the groin.

Ahh, some many comments but I really dont know where to start Mal. :wnc:

I think I'll just leave this one alone :angel:

·
Just give me an excuse...
3,949 Posts
as everyone else here has said, street racing is bad mmmmkay!!! just let the "ricers" do what they want, don't sink to their level. When it comes down to it (on the track) most of them don't do sh!t

·
Falcon 2.. Ferrari 0 hehe
1,290 Posts
i had to drag in my stock LOOKING xd, al the p platers in their 4 and 6 cyl commies wanted drags.... so i dragged till the limit,

only had wheelspin a few times, and neva over the limit....
the most memorable race was againsed a beetle....
to put it in short..... i lost??
and me and dad learned if a bettle is edging you on NEVER RACE IT... NO MATTER WHAT YOU GOT, IT WILL WIN! musta had porshce motors in them....

another hting, if at the lights with a ferrari YOU WILL WIN! hehehe... my cars 2, ferrari 0

1 - 20 of 37 Posts