Ford Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I took my probe out about 2 months ago and when I got to speeds over 35mph my car would downshift and the Rpms would shoot up. I've looked into it and hear it could be a vacuum valve problem? I'm doing a fluid swap today, should the problem continue, what should I do. I cannot afford a new tranny.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Is the trans the CD4E? Auto transmissions do not have 'vacuum' valves any more, a totally electronic shifted trans there. They are known for trouble and the car will not care how much money you have.

Need to drive the car carefully and see EXACTLY what gears work correctly and which one then slips to flare up the rpm (shooting up). That may provide some direction as to what to do. A fluid swap will do very little unless the fluid level was too low, in that case simply filling it up correctly would make it back to working again. Don't slip the clutch pack very much, if you do then the discs burn up and new transmission time for sure then.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
About this Discussion
2 Replies
3 Participants
amc49
Ford Forums
Ford Forum is a community to discuss all things Ford. Check out our discussions on the Ford Escape, Mustang, Edge, F-150, Raptor, Explorer, Focus, Fusion, Fiesta and more!
Full Forum Listing