Ford Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I believe it's the M5OD-R1 transmission I could be totally wrong about that tho its a 1996 Mazda B4000 manual 4x4 , so my bolts mixed up and I forgot which spots take the 4 longer bolts and which spots are for the 4 shorter ones anyone know where they go ? Any help will be appreciated , I think I gotta it but I know one for sure is to short so going to swap it with a long one but id like to make sure I have them in the right spots

·
Super Moderator
9,772 Posts
If I remember correctly, the longer bolts have a deeper landing on the transmission. I think the top 3 are all shorter. I do remember that it was pretty obvious when I pulled mine. I used 2 longer on the sides to hold it, then installed all the short ones, any place it looked too short, I swapped with a longer.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ya I got it figured out thanks , I really just had 2 in the wrong spots and still had to install 1 when I posted this , was having a hell of a time getting the tranny to go the last inch and half But got it all mounted and bolted on thanks now I'm having trouble with the transfer case lol

·
Super Moderator
9,772 Posts
When I pulled mine and installed it, I lowered the transmission. If you already installed the transmission mount, either let it dangle with longer bolts or put a jcak stand underneath.Mines under a full sized truck, but there should be enough flex in the motor mounts to drop the tail piece an inch or two.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts